Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlords responsibilities.

Options
  • 31-08-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

I just rented a house for my 2 sons, after i had paid the deposit and sign contract, i was asking the Landlord how to operate the gas boiler and when was it last serviced only to get the response that he didnt have a clue and it was the responsibility of the tenents anyway, is this really the case, do Landlord not have a duty of care when it comes to gas ?? do they not have to have a safety cert before they can rent ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The landlord has always paid for the boiler to be serviced in any accommodation I've lived in. In the last place I lived, we were asked to organise the service, and then we would take the cost out of our rent. I don't know the exact legalities, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭velvet1989

The landlord is resposible for servicing the boiler as a matter of safety...the tenant is responsible for paying the bills they create eg gas electricity.

Advertisement