Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Football Final in Auckland

Options
  • 31-08-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any bars that would be open and showing the All Ireland Football Final? It's on Sunday 18th September at 15.30 in Dublin, so that would be Monday morning at 3.30 in Auckland?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd look up the NZ yellow pages for Irish bars in Auckland and ring them directly. I'd say a few of em would be showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

should be a great weekend wth the australia game the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

purcela wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any bars that would be open and showing the All Ireland Football Final? It's on Sunday 18th September at 15.30 in Dublin, so that would be Monday morning at 3.30 in Auckland?

Cheers

Try contacting "Father Teds" or the "Munster Inn" - they're the two Irish bars that I know of in the city centre. Not certain but I think the Munster Inn showed the football final last year. If these options don't work could watch it online on setanta (only USD10) - loads of internet cafes opened 24hrs if you wanted to watch it that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spidarz

Sorry but from what I've been told NZ does not get the game on any of it's pay to view Channels ...I've called some of the pubs and the only small possibility is that one of them'll live stream it and put it up on screen.... illegally behind closed doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spidarz

If you have no joy Purcela....let me know... some Dub friends of mine are fly'n over from oz for the Ireland Oz game that same weekend and are also keen to watch the Final....so I may have to see if I can get it on somehow...someplace...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

im sure it will be on in the Munster inn/Father Teds pub just off Queen street in Auckland. was there monday morning nz time for the football semi and there was about 40 of us there so good atmosphere.

up the northland now and cant find anywhere for the Hurling so will have to watch setanta online id say :(

Advertisement