Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammonia in Galway

Options
  • 31-08-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to ammonia. It is supposed to be much more effective for cleaning ovens than oven cleaners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Blast them with piss!:D

Seriously - your urine is full of the stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lant
    Are most oven cleaners have it I would have thought? Vinegar is supposed to be good alternative too.

To answer your question, I saw it in Tesco a while ago, don't think it was 100% ammonia though. Can't remember seeing it recently either.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Blast them with piss!:D

Seriously - your urine is full of the stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lant
    Are most oven cleaners have it I would have thought? Vinegar is supposed to be good alternative too.

To answer your question, I saw it in Tesco a while ago, don't think it was 100% ammonia though. Can't remember seeing it recently either.

Good man on my way to tesco thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

No luck in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try a chemist but be careful - ammonia if mixed with bleach gives off toxic gases which can be extremely irritating to the eyes and nose, not to mention the internal organs such as the lungs. It is also poisonous and therefore not very safe to have around the house especially if there are kids or pets about. It can be explosive when near an open flame.

I found this tip doing a quick search:
    A tip for you, when you apply oven cleaner cover it with a film of cling to prevent it from drying out, this allows the active ingredients to work into the grime. After an hour or so the grease should wash away with plenty of hot water and detergent. I haven't used an oven cleaner in years- I simply use washing soda to clean the oven and when it's dry I sprinkle the base of the oven with sodium bicarbonate. This stops the grease and fat (especially melted cheese from pizzas) from sticking to the base and ruining your oven. Washing soda is very cheap and is not as dangerous to work with as those proprietary oven cleaners. Be sure to wear gloves.

Advertisement