Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colour B4 - hair colour removal kit

• 31-08-2011 5:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭

Has anyone tried this hair removal product? I bought it in Boots last week for about 13quid. It doesn't have any peroxide in it. I used it to remove black permanent colour from my hair and it actually worked, I couldn't believe it as I was quoted 120 by my hair stylist for hair stripping and recolour!!
    The only thing is it smelled like old eggs. I have washed and conditioned my hair a few times since and I can't seem to get the manky smell out. It's even worse when I style it with the ghd. It's not noticeable to other people (I have asked!) but I'm slightly paranoid over it, nobody wants egg-smelling hair, yuck!
    Does anyone know how long it lasts for, and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The smell usually goes after a couple of normal washes. It is indeed a fab product though I found that despite rinsing the buffer out forever and following the instructions to the letter, my hair gradually darkened a shade or two again on it's own within a couple of days. At least my hair wasn't ginger anymore :D

You could try using the buffer again if you have any left?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

I used every bit of the buffer during the rinses. Do you think an extra-cleansing shampoo might do the trick? I think it is designed so you colour fairly soon after you use it?
    I ended up with about two inches of very light brown sort of in the middle of my hair, as I tried to cover the black with a lighter colour a couple of months ago. The colour b4 reacted with the peroxide of this lighter colour.. I don't mind though it looks kind of cool lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It couldn't hurt to use a clarifying shampoo on it and hopefully the stinky egg problem will fade! The instructions say not to use a permanent or semi-permanent (with peroxide or ammonia, which is pretty much all of them) for at least a month after as it will suck up the colour like a sponge and will come out much darker than intended. I use the 6-8 washes ones as they're ok but they're savage hard to find these days - my local teeny weeny chemist is the only place I was able to get them!

Advertisement