Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N71 bandon to innishannon

Options
  • 31-08-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Anyone know the speed limit on the n71 from bandon to innishannon?There was a garda van parked just a liitle bit up from the roundabout just leaving bandon towards innishannon and just wondering the speed limit for that part of the road.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I think 50k till you get to the end of that straight (last building on the right)then 100 k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

100kph from the bridge past innishannon till when the 2 lanes finish and the road straightens just before bandon.
    That straight road itself is part of the town so id guess 50

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

Cork red wrote: »
    Anyone know the speed limit on the n71 from bandon to innishannon?There was a garda van parked just a liitle bit up from the roundabout just leaving bandon towards innishannon and just wondering the speed limit for that part of the road.

The stretch leaving the roundabout towards Innishannon is 50km/h for about 500 metres after the roundabout, and then 60km/h for a long stretch out past the Esso station and Billies Diner.

If you have a look at Google maps you can see exactly where the speed limit signs are.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&tab=ll

A Country Voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

50km/h, and it wasn't a garda van.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

100k in the camera section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

I take it you mean the section of road from roundabout @ kevin o leary's/centra and the van was near atkins farm machinery?

50km/ph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Aug2009

Van is usually on straight stretch there as I dont think cameras start until the 100kph sign. They are there an awful lot.

On a side note: I love the fact that when a Garda is stop[ping traffic they never seem to pull the one-eyed monsters aside to tell them they only have 1 headlight. :mad: Surely this can be as dangerous as speeding sometimes. Gas how they totally disregard that. Have never heard of somebody being pulled over for that. Sorry if this is off topic! Just a rant!

Advertisement