Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Oil

Options
  • 31-08-2011 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi folks, any tips on best deals on buying kerosene at the moment? thanks

p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Conman1

pete2009 wrote: »
    Hi folks, any tips on best deals on buying kerosene at the moment? thanks

p
    dont buy in sligo! looks like cartel in operation. Priced them all about 6 weeks ago and all same price. Got fill 25 euro cheaper from Stinsons in Ballintra, but Im from north sligo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

a good tip there conman, cheers.. :)
    Conman1 wrote: »
    dont buy in sligo! looks like cartel in operation. Priced them all about 6 weeks ago and all same price. Got fill 25 euro cheaper from Stinsons in Ballintra, but Im from north sligo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You could try jonesoil.ie

Its cheaper to order online than over the phone.

Top Coast Oil worked out cheapest with 4 local companies

81 cent a litre:

For €700 I was quoted 850 litres twice, 855 litres and 864 litres, Top Coast giving 864 litres...

forgot to mention, 4 euro cheaper ordering by credit card, not worth the bother in my book..

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Auxred

Any news on oil heating oil prices at the moment?

I'd say the best plan is to phone 3 or 4 suppliers in the local area and ask how much a litre is. Or ask "how many litres with I get for €xxx. And ask if thery're doing any deals. It can change from day to day

There is a website www.cheapestoils.ie. HOWEVER, it didnt give me the cheapest oil option...so be careful with that one. stay warm! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Anyone gotten oil from Sligo Fuels? Have heard mixed reports about them trying to rip people off and given less oil than they say they are.

Also anyone know where we can buy timber trailer loads?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Anyone gotten oil from Sligo Fuels? Have heard mixed reports about them trying to rip people off and given less oil than they say they are.

Only a containerful, 90c per litre from the pump. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

Hobbitfeet wrote: »

Mc hales out hazelwoood, fill your own trailer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement