Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ballincollig

Options
  • 31-08-2011 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've decided to rent in Ballincollig. I work at the Airport Business Park so it's a handy spin on the South Ring.

I was just wondering what the standard of housing there tends to be like - I want something quite new and spacious with parking, and reasonably adjacent to both the bypass and shops. If there are any areas or estates that you would not be in favour of, please name them too.

Also, are there any gyms in Ballincollig that you'd recommend (not the Mardyke mind you - I mean in Ballincollig, or at least very close)?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I'd be wary about how much of a handy spin the south ring road is going to become in the coming months with construction @ Sarsfield & Bandon roundabouts. Though, there's always the back way I suppose.

There's plenty of newly developed estates around Ballincollig and they're fairly obvious and a step up from Ballincollig's old style of poorly planned semi-detached 70s estate sprawl.

You'll be able to get the feel of an area by just driving through it during the day. I guess the 'bad' areas are areas around the influence of estates like Castle Park, and Innishmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Classes near the rugby pitch is grand - near link to South Link but watch for rd works in coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭omerin

OP i'd say great idea in 2 years time when the flyovers are complete but the roundabouts are very busy in rush hour. Any you, a mod on the infrastructure forum should know better, tut tut :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

omerin wrote: »
    OP i'd say great idea in 2 years time when the flyovers are complete but the roundabouts are very busy in rush hour. Any you, a mod on the infrastructure forum should know better, tut tut :p

I don't mind the flyovers because I won't be going through them at peak hours. And as Infrastructure mod, I enjoy observing the construction close up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Highfield Park & Coolroe Meadows are very close to the South Ring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There a new estate in behind the new shopping centre,can't remember the name of it now but the housse are new and it may be what your looking for,for gyms there's the oriel hotel and there's a new gym on the link road too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Tremelo wrote: »
    I don't mind the flyovers because I won't be going through them at peak hours. And as Infrastructure mod, I enjoy observing the construction close up ;)

Saves me taking pics now...:p

Advertisement