Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 man, Zorin's Cup

Options
  • 31-08-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I haven't played and don't really play anymore. I'll pop on for a few random games occasionally. Main reason I don't play now is because I just don't have a character I'm comfortable playing or like enough to get good enough to play with unfortunately.
    So, with that, I've this Ghetto Pimp Blinged out one of a kind 24 Karat gold leafed custom B15 stick that is sitting unused. I think it could do with a new home and me with the bones of some new monitor speakers to do what I prefer to do with my time these days.

With that I propose a tournament where the winner takes home "el sticko blingo". Entry fee would depend on interest/turnout. The more people the lower the entry fee. I won't hold the tourney if the interest is too low anyway. I'm asking people to put their name down here if they'd come down to XGC for a tourney to win my stick and basically a reason to has moar fihgtingz.

The fee would be between 10-15 euro most likely. So stick your name down if you'd be up for it and I'll count names to see what kind of amount of people would be up for it.

Cheers.

My stick is here -->

Would you enter this tournament? 8 votes

Yes, I'd love to win that stick and I'd definitely enter.
    0% 0 votes
    No thanks I'm not really interested.
    75% 6 votes
    Maybe, depending on how much it was to enter.
    25% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

That stick is way to insane looking to not try and win! Sign me up! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'd be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You should try tie this in with the event in the pub on Thomas St.

Drunk people will always pay for a chance to win something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

whats the game for the tourny? thats one awesome stick btw

The game question is a good point because we do have lots of people that don't play SF4 (which I assume would be the game of choice) but would like a fancy stick.

I'd say the best way of doing it is a raffle at the drunken pub adventure. This way it's something cool for that event and everyone has a chance. You'd probably get random entrants on the night and boost the actual amount you could get.

• Advertisement

A raffle for a fiver a ticket sounds like the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Cobelcog doesn't play stick ;)

Ramza wrote: »
    Cobelcog doesn't play stick ;)

He also doesn't win tournaments these days :P

Orim wrote: »
    He also doesn't win tournaments these days :P

Except for Dragon Slayers a few weeks ago.

Ruining my quip with your logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Actually you've a good point yeh. I guess I didn't think of that. I was gonna do Street Fighter but the stick would be handy for anyone who uses stick so maybe the raffle idea is better. I shall ponder on this also.

What's this pub thing you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I was considering investing in another one but if it goes down the raffle route I'll purchase a ticket or two. 'Tis a loooovely stick. First time he used gold leaf too if my memory serves me correctly.

A lot of the people in the community probably can't go to pubs or won't be going to that I'd say and I couldn't really just go in and say Yeh I'm raffling this off in your pub. I am thinking a raffle at an Inferno might be the best idea though. All fighting gamers are generally there at the same time whatever their game and whatever their age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Ry wrote: »
    A lot of the people in the community probably can't go to pubs or won't be going to that I'd say and I couldn't really just go in and say Yeh I'm raffling this off in your pub. I am thinking a raffle at an Inferno might be the best idea though. All fighting gamers are generally there at the same time whatever their game and whatever their age.

I'd say at a Day of Champions might be a better idea. Considering it has SSFIV:AE teams, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Blazblue, Mortal Kombat and 3rd Strike it's likely to attract more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Aw sweet I would like a nice stick....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Raffle is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Nutrient wrote: »
    Aw sweet I would like a nice stick....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd enter a tournament/ raffle on provision that I can sell it back to you for a reasonable price for when you decide you actually want to continue playing.

I'd prefer a raffle though, give everyone a fair shot.

I mean a tournaments a fair shot too, but I'd have to make sure about 8 people had an "accident" on the way to it to make sure I'd win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Raffle is the only way a lot of us have a fair shot at it.

I like winning raffles, but man is that an ugly stick. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Yo if it's a raffle I'll give someone a fiver to bring it down south to you guys yo enter for me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I'd throw some money in for a raffle as well, can never have enough sticks ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

+1 for the raffle, increase your customer base!!

although I am quite the expert at drunken street fighter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Roseball Tournament. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Roseball Tournament. :cool:

Sounds like a plan to me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Roseball?

**** that.

WINDJAMMERS TOURNAMENT!!!

Actually love the roseball idea but it'd take forever. I'm thinking raffle now to give everyone a chance. Also Dreddy it's very likely I'll play again but if/when I do I'll just get a normal stick again to use so no biggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Presume you meant Doom there but I'm glad to hear you think you'll be back playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH, something this cool you need to WORK for to win. I propose a mystery game tournament. Or SNES SF2.

• Advertisement

I was away at Electric Picnic there so wasn't really able to look at boards. I think I'll raffle it so everyone has the same chance really. When is the next big gathering of all fighting game groups at the same time? Last inferno seemed to have a decent contingent from a bunch of games.

Advertisement