Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long term leasing county councils

Options
  • 31-08-2011 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone been involved in this scheme as either a landlord or a tenant??

I am a person who has been offerred this scheme and i am looking for a 3/4 bed bungalow at the moment in cork city/suburbs, and landlords dont seem to be interested even though the council will pay the rent for the next 20 years and they wont have to manage the property....its guaranteed rent so why wouldnt a landlord go for it?????

http://www.corkcity.ie/longtermleasing/ all the details:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

noramay wrote: »
    Anyone been involved in this scheme as either a landlord or a tenant??

I am a person who has been offerred this scheme and i am looking for a 3/4 bed bungalow at the moment in cork city/suburbs, and landlords dont seem to be interested even though the council will pay the rent for the next 20 years and they wont have to manage the property....its guaranteed rent so why wouldnt a landlord go for it?????

http://www.corkcity.ie/longtermleasing/ all the details:confused:

The tenant has to pay rent too surely!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

donalg1 wrote: »
    The tenant has to pay rent too surely!!!!!

The tenant pays their rent to the council. The council then pays the landlord his/her rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 whistler21

im a tenant renting from my landlord the past 6 years while im waiting for a council house, now my landlord has accepted the council long term leasing plan. which im happy with and i hear if the after the lease is up after ten years that the council try to buy the house from the land lord as it wound be cheaper for them in the long run rather than leasing it from him for another ten years, has anybody heard of the council buying out the property after the ten year lease?? or has any1 heard the same as i have??? plz help??

Advertisement