Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad news for Intel

Options
  • 31-08-2011 7:35pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bad news :mad:

Yesterday I heard that things in Intel may be going pear shaped.
    Today I had that rumor confirmed. Another blow for the construction industry!

There is an article here

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I loved working in Fab 24 out in Intel.That was back in the day when Mercury Engineering where in charge of things out there in Fab 24.

Full white hasmat suit,white boots and face masks on all the time.

Spent more time getting in and out of the suits and gear than actually working.

You had to have safety permits and safe plans of action and method statements for everything out there.

Crawling under the 2 foot high steel grated false floors while in full safety and hasmat gear was mad,especially when all the Intell staff where walking above you,making the computer chips and looking down at you and you could look up from under the floor and wave at them.

It would take an absolute age just to pull in a single cable under the floor due to the nature of Fab 24 and its service duct layout.

Thats why the job took so long to complete,back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

paddy147 wrote: »
    I loved working in Fab 24 out in Intel.

Full white hasmat suit,white boots and face masks on all the time.

Spent more time getting in and out of the suits and gear than actually working.

You had to have safety permits and safe plans of action and method statements for everything out there.

Crawling unde the steel grated floors was mad,especially when all the Intell staff where walking above you and then could see you and you could look up from under the floor and wave at them.

It would take an absolute age just to pul in a single cable under the floor due to the nature of Fab 24 and its layout.

Thats why the job took so long to complete,back in the day.

Paddy ,I worked there too..under the floor and all that stuff..when were you there..?

mattjack wrote: »
    Paddy ,I worked there too..under the floor and all that stuff..when were you there..?

Best part of 9-10 years ago now,maybe longer even.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Best part of 9-10 years ago now,maybe longer even.

you,re making me feel old...I was there bout 17/18 years ago..Mercury too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Was there 3 times myself. Not great news by the look of it so.

• Advertisement

mattjack wrote: »
    you,re making me feel old...I was there bout 17/18 years ago..Mercury too..

Some serious amout of overtime on that Fab 24 job,I remember raking in the money each week,thinking that Id hit the jackpot.

7 day weeks if you wanted the overtime with an extra day on your anual holidays or day off for the future if you did a full sunday or a bank holiday aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

worked ther for lynches a few years back,

was actually hoping to get back in with them due to the work they supposadly had line up,

not looking good now,

my bros out there at the minute with oneils but hes on holidays for a week in puerto rico,

wont like the look of this when hes back:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rum and coke

I was in 24 about 10 years ago.I was one of the clowns in the middle of the sub fab doing the strecthing and flexing every day.What a job.the lodge plus an hour a day travel. If only I'd saved a few pound.I was in wyeth also back when mercury respected their sparks.

Good jobs like that are long gone

I was in wyeth also back when mercury respected their sparks.

Did they ever???:pac::pac::D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Any more info on the refurb? Lot of trades laid off in last 2 weeks and more to come. Is the whole job goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Id say what is going on the the Middle East at the moment has an influence on Intels decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

They never did and never will. Im in Intel at the moment and theres no respect for any of their employees.:mad:

Advertisement