Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

synthetic or semi-synthetic oil

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Yet another snide comment :rolleyes:

Do you berate others to try make yourself feel good?

You still haven't answered my question by the way

And you don't understand simple physics, and its not looking good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

bryaner wrote: »
    And you don't understand simple physics, and its not looking good..

Still not an answer there ;)

Still not an answer there ;)[/QUO

I don't have to see your car or engine, the same principles still apply, if you have found some new system to raise hot oil pressure I hear red bull are looking for a new engineer..

Still not an answer there ;)[/QUO

I don't have to see your car or engine, the same principles still apply, if you have found some new system to raise hot oil pressure I hear red bull are looking for a new engineer..

You still haven't told me if you have personal experience with my car

You still haven't told me if you have personal experience with my car

No why would I

No why would I

Exactly, so you know nothing about how my car runs ;)

Now stop trying to tell me things I already know, and let me be with my car and how I run it, alright?

No doubt your car feels better when you drive off after heating it up rather than taking off from cold, they all do. Once they are up to temp though there is no difference and longterm your methods won't have any positives I imagine.

RoverJames wrote: »
    No doubt your car feels better when you drive off after heating it up rather than taking off from cold, they all do. Once they are up to temp though there is no difference and longterm your methods won't have any positives I imagine.

I just rather drive my car with the oil up to temp already rather than it being cold and trying to be forced throughout the engine, if you get me?

This is an oil pressure thing James, this person is under the impression that he gets better oil pressure as the oil gets hot, I'm trying to get him to understand that this is not what happens but this seems above his head..

This is an oil pressure thing James, this person is under the impression that he gets better oil pressure as the oil gets hot, I'm trying to get him to understand that this is not what happens but this seems above his head..

Where did I say oil pressure gets better as it gets hotter?

Go on, quote me on that, cos I guarantee you won't find it mate

• Advertisement

Yep, I understand exactly what you mean, 4 cylinder k series engines with hydraulic tappetts on a cold morning would convince you the same. Better to get going though I was told so always stuck with that.

Yep, I understand exactly what you mean, 4 cylinder k series engines with hydraulic tappetts on a cold morning would convince you the same. Better to get going though I was told so always stuck with that.

Again, different strokes for different folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Only time i'd let my car warm up before i drive is if i lived in the artic circle when the car would be a gee hair away from all the liquids been frozen solid. But in the middle of September its just wastefull a Honda engine is no diffrent than any other engine regardless of mods.

Let her warm up by driven (keep her under 3k rpm) and take a bit of advice when its given.

he should get an ole merc for a few weeks :)

I Was VB wrote: »
    Only time i'd let my car warm up before i drive is if i lived in the artic circle when the car would be a gee hair away from all the liquids been frozen solid. But in the middle of September its just wastefull a Honda engine is no diffrent than any other engine regardless of mods.

Let her warm up by driven (keep her under 3k rpm) and take a bit of advice when its given.

I've had a hell of a lot of advice from a lot of people, including tuning companies...and I've tried all of their methods and I just so happen to use the one that's been best for me.

So yes, I'm actually running off advice of others and not my own initiative

And no, it's a not a tuning companies advice that I use ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

This thread is a gem!
    Nick, oil, not just motor oil but any oil, will thin when heated.
    A good example of his is to grab a pan, poor in some oil, may it be olive or other, then heat it.
    When you've done this report back.

Not having a go at you, this has just gone a bit far.

CianRyan wrote: »
    This thread is a gem!
    Nick, oil, not just motor oil but any oil, will thin when heated.
    A good example of his is to grab a pan, poor in some oil, may it be olive or other, then heat it.
    When you've done this report back.

Not having a go at you, this has just gone a bit far.

I haven't disputed thickness of oil and how it gets thinner with heat...people here just seem to think I have :rolleyes:

I've had a hell of a lot of advice from a lot of people, including tuning companies...and I've tried all of their methods and I just so happen to use the one that's been best for me.

So yes, I'm actually running off advice of others and not my own initiative

And no, it's a not a tuning companies advice that I use ;)

Man, for a daily driver there's no need its just wastefull.

However on the track when the mods come into thier own i can understand, but not as a daily driver.

In fairness he knows that, hence why he brings it to 4k revs after tis heated up.

• Advertisement

Man, for a daily driver there's no need its just wastefull.

However on the track when the mods come into thier own i can understand, but not as a daily driver.

The only difference between me driving on the road and driving on track is that I screw it on track and let it cool down after 4 laps for 10 minutes...whereas on the road I don't screw it at all and let it cool down for maybe 30 seconds, if even!

So basically, my methods apply to both road and track for me

It's mad how people suddenly realise that it's actually useful once I mention I use it on track :rolleyes:

It's mad how people suddenly realise that it's actually useful once I mention I use it on track :rolleyes:

Dont act the bollix, not everyone knows you drive it on the track and the road. People giving you advice here asumed you used the car in a strictly a-b mobile. Instead of saying so ya wasted a good 3 pages of mindless back and forth twaddle.

Well done.

Dont act the bollix, not everyone knows you drive it on the track and the road. People giving you advice here asumed you used the car in a strictly a-b mobile. Instead of saying so ya wasted a good 3 pages of mindless back and forth twaddle.

Well done.

I think this post, right near the start of the conversation, is quite obvious about what I do, no?

I think this post, right near the start of the conversation, is quite obvious about what I do, no?

Yeah its a picture of your car in a garage.

Yeah its a picture of your car in a garage.

With the reg blocked, headlights taped and myself and my passenger are wearing helmets...pretty obvious

With the reg blocked, headlights taped and myself and my passenger are wearing helmets...pretty obvious

Not really, as i say you should of stated that you use your car for track appliactions when someone questioned why was your car diffrent than others, and then have a smug attitude when it becomes known.

• Advertisement

Not really, as i say you should of stated that you use your car for track appliactions when someone questioned why was your car diffrent than others, and then have a smug attitude when it becomes known.

What else would I be taping up my reg and lights, and wearing a helmet for other than being on a track?

Seriously, you're all calling ME the thick one here?

What else would I be taping up my reg and lights, and wearing a helmet for other than being on a track?

Seriously, you're all calling ME the thick one here?

Some people just see a car, anyway im not gonna waste anymore time on this. Dude ya should of made things clear when people started questioning why your car was diffrent than most.

Ah I like letting my oil warm up, then building up the oil pressure, then heating up the gearbox with 10 minutes of easy driving ;)
    Where did I say oil pressure gets better as it gets hotter?

Go on, quote me on that, cos I guarantee you won't find it mate

Anything else mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement