Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

takeover

Options
  • 31-08-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

We have been told that a new company may be taking over the contract cleaning and they have come in at a much lower price.As far as i know they have to offer us employees the same terms and conditions under tupe but boss has said the only way they will make money is to cut our pay/hours,has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

without knowing the details I'll assume you are employed by company "a". your company offer a service for a fee and you get paid by this company for working in various or a singular location?

in my work place a company offer their services(cleaning), however if another company offer the same service at a lower price then they are a brand new comapny and if the same staff work for them its only becasue they have been let go by the inital company who had the contract and as such tupe does not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Does anyone know if unreasonable distance is covered in the TUPE act for reduncany? my job is been moved over 120 km away

Does anyone know if unreasonable distance is covered in the TUPE act for reduncany? my job is been moved over 120 km away

In that instance complusory redundancy should occur for those affected

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Anyone know how many weeks redundancy we should fight for as we are not in a union and are been made redundant through the tupe law as it is not possible for people to move.

its up to the company but you are at least entitled to statutory of 2 weeks per year served.

• Advertisement
Advertisement