Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

funding for access course

Options
  • 31-08-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

I am currently on the back to work enterprise allowance and have been offered a place on ucd access course. My problem being that i've nothing to my name and can't afford the €800 for the course. Does anyone know of any way to get funding for the course.

I'm going to ask fas tomorrow and try bank for something (doubtful) but any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭skinthegoat

Sorry Ronano, but what's this 800 charge? I did it a few years ago and had to pay the 'Registration Charge,' which was around 800 then but I gather is now heading for 2000. Have you spoken to Thomond Coogan in UCD about it? If you can possibly do it, go for it. The course is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

I am going to ring the adult education tomorrow after i've tried few different avenues to see if i can somehow get my hands on the funds.

the fees for the arts access course are €800

Fee €800

Students who are holders of Medical Cards may qualify for a fee reduction.It will be necessary to produce evidence of income. Thomond Coogan will be happy to discuss this with you. (Tel. 7167584 or e-mail Thomond.Coogan@ucd.ie)

thanks for your reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭skinthegoat

OK, good luck with it. Thomond is a very understanding and helpful person - tell her you were talking to skinthegoat. I did it in 2008 and am starting the third and final year of my degree next week. The Access course was the best thing I ever did. I've no secondary education but wanted to go straight into university when I retired. I realise now that had I done so I'd have been steamrolled, I'd have been crushed in the first term, but the Access course gave me a fantastic foundation. I wish you every success.

Advertisement