Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for rent?

Options
  • 31-08-2011 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    I'm moving to Dublin to start a new job soon :D Can't wait, looking forward to getting to know the city. I just wondered what kinda rent I should be looking to get? The job pays a decent enough amount but not so much that I can live like a king. Also, I'll be working pretty close to Mespil Road does anybody know any easy ways to get to that area? Nothing comes up on Dublin Bus website.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

how long is a piece of string??

do you want to share with other people?

do you want a bedsit?

do you want a 1 bed apartment?

do you want a 3 bed house with a large garden?

do you need a parking space?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Entirely depends, you can rent a box room, 30 minutes by bus out from the centre for less than €300 or you can get a 1 bedroom apartment for €1400 in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mespil Road is from Baggot Street Bridge to Leeson Street Bridge. Both have a number of bus services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 pastylegs

I lived in Mespil apartments and it's a brilliant location. Bus, Luas and Dublin Bikes are a stone's throw away plus the Dart is a 10 minute walk down the road. You're a 10 minute walk from the city center. Baggot street is just behind it and has everything you could need. I'd recommend it if you can find a place there.

Other then that, Dublin 8 has loads of great little areas. Between South Richmond Street and Clambrassil Street is also a lovely area. Grand Canal Dock has loads of apartments and has great aminities. Rathmines is also very cool and within walking distance to town.

You should pay around €400-600 for a shared room in a nice place. €800-1200 for a 1 bed apartment I reckon. Get on daft.ie and have a look around

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

I've been looking and around €400-€600 is a fair guess for areas around lower mount street.

Don't want to Hi-Jack this thread but was wondering if there are any good alternative websites to Daft. I'm looking to share with someone but haven't found anything I like on Daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

thebison wrote: »
    I've been looking and around €400-€600 is a fair guess for areas around lower mount street.

Don't want to Hi-Jack this thread but was wondering if there are any good alternative websites to Daft. I'm looking to share with someone but haven't found anything I like on Daft.

Try:
    http://www.myhome.ie/lettings
    http://www.rent.ie/
    http://www.property.ie/

Advertisement