Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony launches 3D 'head mounted display' visor

• 31-08-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/sony/8733507/Sony-launches-3D-head-mounted-display-visor.html

visor_1984928b.jpg
    Sony has announced the launch of a 3D visor. Reminiscent of virtual reality helmets, the Japanese electronics giant says that the HMZ-T1 is “really new and exciting, not just an upgrade of what’s gone before”.It claims it is “the world’s first 3D compatible Head Mounted Display”.

The device uses two 0.7” HD displays, using the latest organic LED technology, and also offers surround sound. Sony claims it simulates a 750” cinema. It can connect to Blu-ray, PlayStation 3 and other devices. Pricing and availability has not yet been confirmed.

Sony made the announcement at the IFA electronics show in Berlin, which is Europe’s largest. It also unveiled what it claims is the world’s lightest eReader, the 168g Reader WiFi, and two new Android tablet computers.

The S and P models are the first such devices made by Sony, with the S featuring a tapered design and a 9.4” screen, while the P is a folding, clamshell model with two smaller screens. The S can also be used as a remote control for all infra-red devices, such as televisions and hifis. Sony hopes such new features will help it to compete with Apple’s iPad, while also providing a different experience.

Elsewhere at IFA, new announcements on Windows Phone and on slim ‘ultrabook’ laptops are expected.

I dont know what to think of these. I doubt they are good for the eyes too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Pfffft done before.

Virtual boy FTW.........

and neck ache!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I know my wife is going to laugh her fvcking ass off when she see's me sitting there with these on.

On a more serious note though if(when) i do get these how am i supposed to wear them with my Triton headset? Not good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

When they make the washable penis attachment and make "proper" games, these will be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

weiland79 wrote: »
    I know my wife is going to laugh her fvcking ass off when she see's me sitting there with these on.

On a more serious note though if(when) i do get these how am i supposed to wear them with my Triton headset? Not good!

And as you won't be able to see her, she can video you sitting there looking foolish and you won't know till it ends up on Youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

The have a built in 5.1 headphones.

• Advertisement

sink wrote: »
    The have a built in 5.1 headphones.
    Mic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Mic?

dunno, no mention of one but full specs haven't been released yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looks class but at a rumoured $789 it will be quite a while before i look that daft.

Here's a hands on video (sorry don't know how to embed) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeb2e8rlWso&feature=related

There is no mention of a mic,and to me that is a deal breaker. Surely if this is to be used as a gaming peripheral one should be included. Can't believe this hasn't been considered by the Sony dev team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

To embed, copy the letters after the = and paste it into the you tube button.

This is the link you used, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeb2e8rlWso&feature=related.

I bolded what needs to go into the you tube link.

• Advertisement
Advertisement