Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustrated and probably homeless, any advice

Options
  • 31-08-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey all paid my deposit a month ago to a lettin agent agreed with them that we will be moving in tomorrow ie 1st september. I had to take time off work for move asked mates to help me move so they booked work off as well. I gave my current landlord notice. tomorrow i was ment to be getting my keys and moving into the new house. I recieved a call at 5.30 TODAY telling me that the agents had been around to the house today and the water was off and that they need to get the council to reconnect it. So i cant move in tomorrow and they cant tell me when I can. So as you can tell im v angry ive nowhere to live as my notice is up tomorrow, i work 3 days and claim the others and need to provide the dole office with proof of address within 7 days or theyll cut my pay, i cant do this as I cant get the keys to the house tomorrow so bills i redirected to the new address are just sitting there. This should have been checked weeks ago they have known im moving in for over a month now. So now i stuck with nowhere to live...no means of pay as i cant prove im living in the new place as technically right now im not and ive no answers to anything :((((

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭paul71

I assume you have a copy of the signed lease and proof of the deposit paid, if that is the case your are legally entitled to get a locksmith to open the door for you. Ring the agent tell them this and present them with a choice.

1. They give you the keys as they legally obliged to do.
    2. They provide you with hotel or B&B accomadation.
    3. You enter your new home with the aid of a locksmith and send them the locksmiths bill.

Advertisement