Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird colours on new build.

Options
  • 31-08-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

So, today I finished my new build, upon booting and updating my SSD's firmware, everything was fine, however, a few boots later and all the colours are strange.

I don't think it's the GPU's being broken as both show colour distortion in the exact same ares in all images each time.

What could it be? I don't think it's the monitor either as the OSD is fine.

EDIT: And just as I post this my mother points out that the DVI cable is loose, upon putting it in fully the errors disappeared :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 blehhhh

So, today I finished my new build, upon booting and updating my SSD's firmware, everything was fine, however, a few boots later and all the colours are strange.

I don't think it's the GPU's being broken as both show colour distortion in the exact same ares in all images each time.

What could it be? I don't think it's the monitor either as the OSD is fine.

EDIT: And just as I post this my mother points out that the DVI cable is loose, upon putting it in fully the errors disappeared :)

Haha how stupid can someone be. I was going to tell you to check your cable when I read your mother had fixed you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You could say YORE MA fixed it... *chortles inanely* :pac:

EDIT - Don't be calling people names, its an easy mistake to make. Plus, "your mother has fixed you" sounds freaky :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if it's not one thing it's your mother

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That's handy having a family of experts! :p
    That's how builds go. Check the obvious first (well not that obvious, but connectors are generally the first conclusion).

Better to feel silly over having missed something over RMA any day! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Monotype wrote: »
    That's handy having a family of experts! :p
    That's how builds go. Check the obvious first (well not that obvious, but connectors are generally the first conclusion).

Better to feel silly over having missed something over RMA any day! :cool:

She's no expert, just noticed that one of the cables didn't look like it was in right :P

It's miles better than having to RMA, after testing both cards I got so worried :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement