Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downlight, replacing bulbs, where to get?

• 31-08-2011 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I recently done a job in house and got energy saver down lights installed as part of upgrade. Now a couple of the blubs are starting to go but for the life of me I can't find the blubs anywhere. THey have Litetron GU10 11W 2700k on them. Now the standard bulbs will fit into them but was trying to go with energy saver

Anyone know where I can get these? and if not these what energy saver types are available out there? Thanks

Bit of a rant:
    Also the price of the GU10, I think they are about 7 quid for 2 in any shop. I was recently in spain and I was buying a pack of 2 for about 1.50. The mark up here is mental

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Have a look/search in the Electrical Forum,I do recall there was a few threads about those bulbs. I got mine in B+Q, Megaman brand about 3 yrs ago and there were about €7 each (bought 8) and still going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Have a look/search in the Electrical Forum,I do recall there was a few threads about those bulbs. I got mine in B+Q, Megaman brand about 3 yrs ago and there were about €7 each (bought 8) and still going.

Do you have the spec's of the Megaman ones you got?

Thanks

Could the mods move this or better off leaving here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Hi,

I notice youre looking for GU10s....

Im not sure if I can post a link to an ad of mine on adverts.ie here so I'll send it via a PM. Might be of use to ya.

Regards,

E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Homebase have good prices on GU10's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Woodies,BnQ,Homebase and all the rest are ripp offs,so avoid them.

Also avoid these crappy ebay led unbranded GU10 lights aswell,as these are useless and fail fast.Rubbish.:rolleyes:

Any leccy wholesalers will give you branded energy effiecent GU10s or LED GU10s for not alot of euros.

I have Philips Master 4W LED GU10s in my house,dimmable too.Lovely warm white light off them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

paddy147 wrote: »
    Controversial.....

Never had a problem with mine from Homebase - have 18 between sitting room, dining room, kitchen. And have only replaced maybe 3 in two years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

alproctor wrote: »
    Controversial.....

Never had a problem with mine from Homebase - have 18 between sitting room, dining room, kitchen. And have only replaced maybe 3 in two years!

Controversial? Maybe, but correct as far as I'm concerned.

You have replaced 3 out of 18 in two years....that's a problem in my book....

I'd side with Paddy147 on this....buy good branded GU10's from an electrical wholesaler...you'll get a better quality bulb for less and you won't be replacing them every few months....

alproctor wrote: »
    Controversial.....

I changed the entire house to LED for 2 reasons.

These normal GU10 downlight bulbs have 3 serious problems,as far as I can see.............

1-replacing of normal bulbs due to their fragile nature and blowing
    2-The amount of heat they produce is unreal and dangerous
    3-The amount of energy/electricity they use is unreal too

I changed the entire house to LED (both GU10 downlights and normal bulbs) and the difference is truely amazing on all fronts.:eek::D

Also avoid these crappy ebay led unbranded GU10 lights aswell,as these are useless and fail fast.Rubbish.:rolleyes:

Any leccy wholesalers will give you branded energy effiecent GU10s or LED GU10s for not alot of euros.

I have Philips Master 4W LED GU10s in my house,dimmable too.Lovely warm white light off them too.

Hi Paddy

where do you get these? cant see them listed anywhere!!

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi Paddy

where do you get these? cant see them listed anywhere!!

Any decent electrical wholesalers.

I buy the Philips LED GU10s from Eurosales.:)

• Advertisement

Any decent electrical wholesalers.

I buy the Philips LED GU10s from Eurosales.:)

Thanks will have to have a look!!!!

exaisle wrote: »
    Controversial? Maybe, but correct as far as I'm concerned.

You have replaced 3 out of 18 in two years....that's a problem in my book....

I'd side with Paddy147 on this....buy good branded GU10's from an electrical wholesaler...you'll get a better quality bulb for less and you won't be replacing them every few months....

Are they still available?????

Advertisement