Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless SDS Drill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Only problem with Milwaukee is parts cannot be got anymore. Carbon brushes are gone in my 18v, was told by the dealer there's no part supplier in Europe anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

red sean wrote: »
    Only problem with Milwaukee is parts cannot be got anymore. Carbon brushes are gone in my 18v, was told by the dealer there's no part supplier in Europe anymore.

You sure have you rang tuck's. They're the agents for Milwaukee for the past year or two, they took over from M Donnelly. If they tell you can't try ebay.

what's the 18v like anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

Your hilti wont have a whole lot of resale value because the batteries are the most expensive part...I was replacing 2 batteries for my de-walt 18v and the price difference between 2 batteries and a new de-walt with 2 batteries was 90 euro...So i have a new drill now..Most batteries have a max life of about 1000 charges before they start to wobble on you

Your hilti wont have a whole lot of resale value because the batteries are the most expensive part...I was replacing 2 batteries for my de-walt 18v and the price difference between 2 batteries and a new de-walt with 2 batteries was 90 euro...So i have a new drill now..Most batteries have a max life of about 1000 charges before they start to wobble on you

Alright so I'll just leave it on the shelf. Which would you go for anyway if it was your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

I seen a great deal for a de walt 18v hammer action with 2batteries in b&q last week for 180 euro...great deal..I'm a carpenter and I've always had desalt without an ounce of trouble and great after sales service been able to send tools away to be serviced and cleaned at reasonable prices

• Advertisement

I seen a great deal for a de walt 18v hammer action with 2batteries in b&q last week for 180 euro...great deal..I'm a carpenter and I've always had desalt without an ounce of trouble and great after sales service been able to send tools away to be serviced and cleaned at reasonable prices

That's just a normal drill isn't it? I've already got a 18v lithium Makita and Milwaukee drill of that type and that type of drill is no use for masonry or concrete drilling has to be sds and makita or milwaukee for me

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

Brooks have a Dewalt open day on the 5th huge reductions for the day Id go for a Bosh 24 volt if I were you I have two of them 6 years used every day and only one battery is starting to go now great value there very strong too can withstand a russian boot and the best bit they recharge in 7 min so you never have a flat battry

650gs wrote: »
    Brooks have a Dewalt open day on the 5th huge reductions for the day Id go for a Bosh 24 volt if I were you I have two of them 6 years used every day and only one battery is starting to go now great value there very strong too can withstand a russian boot and the best bit they recharge in 7 min so you never have a flat battry

I want lithium-ion and cant get dewalt or bosch at cost so It has to be makita or milwaukee

Thank for all the information. I went for the Milwaukee M18 in the end. I have to say its a great drill a real pleasure to use. And it wasn't too dear either.

Thanks again.

Mods please close this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement