Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agencies

Options
  • 31-08-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, Has anyone any experience in using Letting Agents in Kildare to rent their property? If so, any advice on what to look for, services which should be provided etc. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Shannonsider

Have a similar query to Nelbell (looking for a letting agent that covers the Leixlip area)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I know of someone who used a firm in Naas to manage their house in the past year. I can't remember the details but it struck me as being very expensive to manage the rental of just one house. With all of the property taxes, maintenance costs, income tax, etc. deductions I just couldn't understand why they didn't manage it themselves. It depends on your circumstances I suppose. If you were moving abroad or were moving down the country I could understand it perhaps, but not otherwise. Get good tenants in - interview them thoroughly first - and you shouldn't have too much trouble...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Delphinium

Using Stewart property Solutions for years with good results and few problems. A well mantained property will need minimal management but you can't imagine how ignorant some tenants are when it comes to keeping a house, eg bringing blocked drains or gutters to your notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Shannonsider

Does anyone know what kind of areas letting agents cover? If you had a property in say Lucan would a letting agent in say Naas be willing to look after it or do letting agents only cover areas close by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Anatom wrote: »
    I know of someone who used a firm in Naas to manage their house in the past year. I can't remember the details but it struck me as being very expensive to manage the rental of just one house. With all of the property taxes, maintenance costs, income tax, etc. deductions I just couldn't understand why they didn't manage it themselves. It depends on your circumstances I suppose. If you were moving abroad or were moving down the country I could understand it perhaps, but not otherwise. Get good tenants in - interview them thoroughly first - and you shouldn't have too much trouble...

If it's a DIY job then a contract is very important no matter how good you think the tenants are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement