Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacknight down?

Options
  • 31-08-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Can't access my VPS, can't access my control panel to reboot.

Nothing on FB page or status.com page.

Geting this on blacknight.com:

Warning: include() [function.include]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/www/web2/web/fileadmin/pba_info.inc on line 7

Warning: include(http://www.blacknight.com/fileadmin/pba_info_tlds.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/www/web2/web/fileadmin/pba_info.inc on line 7

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.blacknight.com/fileadmin/pba_info_tlds.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/www/web2/web/fileadmin/pba_info.inc on line 7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

https://twitter.com/blacknight/status/109018258476253184
    Blacknight Solutions
    Looks like there's a network issue - will update when I know more ^MN

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

...:eek:

This is embarrassing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

What kind of operation does not have a plan in place for this eventuality? I was notified through a customer just 15 minutes ago about this, and I still can't believe it.

This is impacting on my business and my customers. I won't let this happen again, I'll be looking elsewhere to give my business to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

I saw it on their website yesterday , that August 31st was limited for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

I like BK, but a bit too much of a rip off. Look at the prices here: http://www.hetzner.de ...

I've orded the most expensive VPS, which is cheaper than the cheapest blacknight VPS, and blows BK out of the water in terms of the CPU and RAM specs.

Will evaluate and make the move. Would rather support an Irish company, but not at those prices.

• Advertisement

Blacknight wrote:
    We're experiencing some network / DNS issues due to a DDOS.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Our Irish Weather Online site has been down for about 40 minutes, the longest outage in the ten months we have been with them.

Just not good enough for a company of that size to have not resolved the issue yet.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Our Irish Weather Online site has been down for about 40 minutes, the longest outage in the ten months we have been with them.

Just not good enough for a company of that size to have not resolved the issue yet.

This is where we truly miss out - Irish weather has changed 39 times in the last 29 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We are currently experiencing a network issue which appears to be DDOS against our DNS.

Our technical team are working on it and we will post further updates here:
    http://www.blacknightstatus.com/2011/08/network-issue.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Good luck fixing it. Here's hoping all that pizza and red bull will make the hamster wheel spin again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

Clients shouldn't be texting me at this hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 seaghan

Yes it's serious. Yes, many of us are down and being affected.
    However, I host with many Irish hosters and Blacknight in fairness have been excellent for tech support and expertise. Amazon cloud was down for half a day last week - (and a couple of months ago), so any technology can fail and any backup plan can the thwarted.

We had a hardware raid controller fail on a server and lost everything - had to reinstall from offsite backups after rebuilding. Horrible experience - and even though all the s/w and h/w backup plans were in place, the extreme rarity of a h/w Raid controller failing didn't give us or clients any solace.

So hopefully, we'll get back to normal soon.

so what happened, did these people ping everyone who uses BK DNS?

Never seen this firewall event before:confused:
    Untitled-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

I'm growing VERY tired of this bull****

Again and again, issue after issue. Do you guys not have contingency plans in place to stop this from happening? Like, what the hell are people paying for?

I expect downtime almost every week now at this rate

The issue should be resolved now, but if you're still having issues please contact our support desk with details

Thanks

Michele

I've sent you guys an email. That's 9 hours I've been down.

How ridiculous is that?

I've sent you guys an email. That's 9 hours I've been down.

How ridiculous is that?
    If you have a ticket ID I can look into it for you

Blacknight wrote: »
    If you have a ticket ID I can look into it for you

Sent another email from the business email. You should have that now.

Sent another email from the business email. You should have that now.

If you could give me the ticket ID I could check it for you.

Blacknight wrote: »
    If you could give me the ticket ID I could check it for you.

Sent the ticket ID via twitter. THink there's something happening now. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement