Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this my timetable?

Options
  • 31-08-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭

So I just went through the registration process and in the summary part I clicked 'View Calendar', is this my timetable? I can make out only 15 hours per week, is that normal for a 1st year commerce timetable?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Have you registered for all lectures and labs/tutorials for both electives and programme modules? If so, yep. That's your timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have you registered for all lectures and labs/tutorials for both electives and programme modules? If so, yep. That's your timetable.

I think so: cm.png

and the timetable:
    timetable.png

does that look right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Yes, that looks fine

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

I think that's fine because there are no choice modules, you don't register optional ones so it stays the same. Could be wrong.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Be careful though, in Science (and possibly other disciplines) you are automatically registered for tutorials but you don't find out what times you are until lectures actually start, sometimes a bit after! So I'm not sure about business, but I remember thinking that my timetable was nice in first year before a good few labs and tutorials got added!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yep I still haven't been allocated lab/tutorial times for science so when those come in that'll add about another 9hours for labs and 1-3 for tutorials a week.

So any first year science students that are loving their timetable you have to take that into account. Last year I had 2-3 lab slots per week and those were about 3 hours long. They took place between 3-6 in the evening and depending on the experiment you could have to stay there the full time or make it out ridiculously early. All reports were written up in the lab too during those hours. For most modules the labs were worth about a quarter of the final grade of the module which was amazing when it came to exam time knowing that you had that. I really enjoyed the labs last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Average lecture hours for Commerce is 15/18 a week. The fun bit is fitting in the work you're supposed to do on your own

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Will there be a lot of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

I'm doing science and I have 3 days a week in semester 2 when I only have 1 lecture :\
    (I do still have to reg 2 electives tomorrow, but this is still really low IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

AdamD wrote: »
    Will there be a lot of that?

If you want a C then not at all. Commerce is piss easy to coast through. If you want an A then definitely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

._. wrote: »
    I'm doing science and I have 3 days a week in semester 2 when I only have 1 lecture :\
    (I do still have to reg 2 electives tomorrow, but this is still really low IMO)

You haven't had any of your labs scheduled yet. From what I've heard from friends in Science, that will add plenty of hours to your schedule.

Advertisement