Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking from Doughiska

• 31-08-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭

I'm looking at a few places in Doughiska and since I'm not the cycling type, I'm wondering what's the best way to walk to GMIT? The distance looks quite doable, the trouble seems to be finding a good route. I don't think walking the Dublin Road is a sensible option :eek:,
    and going the other way, walking all the way up the Doughiska Road and down through Ballybrit etc. seems like overkill.

Could anyone who knows the area clue me in to a minor road or shortcut I could take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Walk through the grounds Merlin Park?

Lots go jogging through there,

But then that's dark and empty at night so I'd just use that for the mornings

You realy should reconsider the bicycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

mikemac wrote: »
    Walk through the grounds Merlin Park?

Lots go jogging through there,

But then that's dark and empty at night so I'd just use that for the mornings

You realy should reconsider the bicycle

I was thinking that was an option alright, just wondering if I would be breaking any rules, get hassled by security etc. I'm ok with dark and empty.

As for the bicycle...wheeled transport and I don't mix I'm afraid. I'm liable to stop paying attention at the wrong time :D

Advertisement