Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

noise's in attic

• 31-08-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi all,

i think i may have a problem, i'm hearing noises in the attic from about 5 am until 7am, my heating doesn't come on unitl 7.30 and it has happened 2 mornings on the trot. My next door neighbour is getting her attic insulated which started Monday.

The noises vary from what sounds like water pipe noise's... as if something is knocking on it, moving or dragging noises against the wall/plasterboard, and then to noises under the floor boards on the upstairs floor of the house.

i'm not very good with any type of rodents unfortunately, any advice will be grately appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

fordy1208 wrote: »
    hi all,

i think i may have a problem, i'm hearing noises in the attic from about 5 am until 7am, my heating doesn't come on unitl 7.30 and it has happened 2 mornings on the trot. My next door neighbour is getting her attic insulated which started Monday.

The noises vary from what sounds like water pipe noise's... as if something is knocking on it, moving or dragging noises against the wall/plasterboard, and then to noises under the floor boards on the upstairs floor of the house.

i'm not very good with any type of rodents unfortunately, any advice will be grately appreciated.

Cheers.

GHOSTS!!!:eek:

It could be anything between rats to a pine martin, you'd have to get up there to investigate (see if anything is chewed etc) If your neighbour is getting hers insulated, it sounds very much like whatever was in her attic, has now moved to yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

my first thought was bats, they may be returning at that time. could be 100% worng

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Could be mice!!! Our house is ANCIENT and this time of the year the little blighters try to move into the warmth. I got a sonic repellant cupla years ago and it seemed to help a bit, but I still put bait outside around the base of the house in boxes, plus I've two huge cats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

yup cats ... touch wood we had no mice in the house last winer... had a rat in the house a few years ago and it wasnt very nice :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

KatyMac wrote: »
    Could be mice!!! Our house is ANCIENT and this time of the year the little blighters try to move into the warmth. I got a sonic repellant cupla years ago and it seemed to help a bit, but I still put bait outside around the base of the house in boxes, plus I've two huge cats!

Those sonic repellents are the blight of my life! They had them at work and would not believe I could hear them until they watched the green light at each blast. Then went to mass one night and they have a continuous one! Nearly drove me daft during that hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

just and few thoughts and explanations

Ann Franks Diary.......................id say someone is hiding up there........................

or probably your other half.....has your money that keeps going missing hidden under the insulation and when your asleep goes up to count it. get a light fitted in the attic and your other half wont make so much nice trying to find it in the dark............probably saving for a one way ticket

does any one else hear them noises or is it just you...........stop the substance abuse

or maybe the rodent you think it is.........................is your neighbour ...................robbing your insulation when she thinks your asleep......to keep costs down on her own project
    nobodys growing anything up there..........the heat from them lights can create expansion in the pipe work

or finally ..............it could be a case for mulder and scully......
    DONT GET THE GHOST BUSTERS ANYWAY. THAT JEDWARD MIGHT TURN UP. JESUS I WOULD RATHER PUT UP WITH THE RACKET FROM THE ATTIC THAN THEM

" it could be worse you could be hearing voices. now dont tell us thats who told you to listen to the noise in the attic"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

whelan1 wrote: »
    had a rat in the house a few years ago and it wasnt very nice :cool:

They can be very sarcastic :cool:

Advertisement