Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems accessing timetable

Options
  • 31-08-2011 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

when I try to get my timetable I get this message:

Sorry. A problem has occurred while connecting you to the database.
    Although the webserver is running, it cannot open a connection
    to the Facility dataserver service. Either this service is no longer running
    or it is running on a machine no longer accessible to your webserver.
    Your system administrator should be made aware of the problem.

I tried mozilla, google chrome etc. but no luck. Anyone have any tips? Im kinda anxious to get my timetable, altho I am a first year so will be getting one at induction. Does it matter if I dont get one before that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

I was having the same problem tonight eventhough i had no problem getting in a few days ago :confused: so i guess theres just something up with the system tonight, hopefully it gets fixed soon :p does anyone know if the blackboard system is up and running for first years yet? wouldnt mind having a gander if it is ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I was having the same problem tonight eventhough i had no problem getting in a few days ago :confused: so i guess theres just something up with the system tonight, hopefully it gets fixed soon :p does anyone know if the blackboard system is up and running for first years yet? wouldnt mind having a gander if it is ;)

Webcourses is up and running. The address is webcourses.dit.ie.

Username will be your student number which is C followed by your CAO number.

Your default password will be your date of birth in the form DDMMYYYY and you can change it on the password manager site.

Having said that, webcourses is awful, and a lot of courses don't use it, they the the far superior webexone system (or some, like my course, like to be awkward and use a bit of both!). If you're course is using this it probably won't be set up yet, you'll be told about it in orientation.

Oh by the way, student number and password above will be your log on for all dit information services, accessing webcourses, email, computer labs, library computers etc. If you change one it will change in all them, so you'lll only have to remember the one. (All except webex, that's an outsourced service, so it hasn't got accessto the mypassword database- I suggest you make them be the same, you will probably forgot lol)

Advertisement