Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple domains redirecting to same server

• 01-09-2011 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hey, a friend of mine owns multiple domain names (the .ie and .com equivalents, things like that) and I was wondering, is it hurting his rankings by having all of the domains pointing to the same server? is there a better way of redirecting people to his server than multiple A-records?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

Land all the extra ones with a 301 redirect to the live site and in webmaster tools set them as moved to the live site. Google prefers it done like that. you can also just set them within webmaster tools if they have the same name but differing TLDs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

cheers! I thought it was something like that, but wasn't sure. I'll get onto him about it today!

Advertisement