Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options
  • 01-09-2011 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

madden-12-xbox.jpg

It was released in America a couple of days ago and released over here either today or tomorrow depending on who you ask.

Official gamepay trailer and IGN review included below:

EA have made the following improvements to the game:

KEY FEATURES:
    • Playbooks & Gameplay - All-new collision system, advanced defensive A.I. enhancements and the #1 most requested feature, Custom Playbooks, come together to provide a more authentic gameplay experience.

• Sights and Sounds of Sunday - Experience NFL Sundays like never before with team-specific run-outs featuring mascots and cheerleaders, authentic broadcast cameras, lifelike 3D grass, and dynamic time-of-day.

• Build an NFL Dynasty - Take complete control of your favorite team with an enhanced Franchise mode featuring expanded rosters, cut days, an injured reserve list, and more. Hire and fire coaches, or trade draft picks to build the NFL’s next dynasty.

• Dynamic Player Performance - Dynamic Player Performance is an all-new feature that creates unprecedented realism as a player’s skills and confidence will rise and fall based on his performance throughout a game or in Franchise mode, just like the real NFL. No two players will play the same in Madden NFL 12.

• Madden NFL Ultimate Team - The perfect combination of Madden NFL Football, fantasy football, and trading cards comes to life in Madden NFL Ultimate Team.

• Online Communities - Online Communities will provide an all-new way for Madden NFL gamers to meet and play.

Who'll be picking this up then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Will be getting it Friday

If you want to join a league, come over to the American football forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac wrote: »
    Will be getting it Friday

If you want to join a league, come over to the American football forum :)

I reckon I should decline the invitation to the league for the minute as I'll be awful :pac: I haven't played Madden since around 2004 but I enjoyed it and fancy a change from my usual games so I'll be getting this. Thanks anyway though, maybe I'll catch some of you over there for a few games when I get up to speed!

What's the online game play usually like on Madden? I presume the same as FIFA and virtually every other game in that there's plenty of quitters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Damien360

All of the "new additions" look to be the same blurb that Madden 11 had. Personally I liked Madden 11 (bit glitzy but good) and adored Madden 10 (it's gameplay ranking changed difficulty against the PC - so you got a nice balance). I am still crap at it. I can beat the PC but I never had the patience to sort out a custom playbook and my defence in awful. I might wait for it to arrive second hand in Xtravision, which should'nt be long as loads of people pick it up and give up quickly (it takes a lot of your time for one game, even with shorter Madden 11 games)

OP, rent it, if you can, as a lot has changed over the years since 04.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrQp7OTA2a0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Played the demo , was great fun , though i dont know the rules at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

If anyone got this, theres a league online draft thing going on over the American Football forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement