Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Owen Hargreaves Training Video

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I hate to use the same joke twice in one day but seeing as it's the same subject matter...

titanic-sinks.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

oops

new to me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Hargreaves move to Man City has broken down amid another injury scare.

He fell out of the transfer window.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Hargreaves should have put some 80's rock on his youtube videos. Bit of production and editing he could have got Real or Barca. "Push it to the limits" from the Scarface sound track would have been great or even the montage song from Team America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

just wondering if anyone has put up a piss take video yet?

Thats what Owen is doing :)

Seriously, he was a great player its a shame about the injury. I always thought that I would open a paper or turn on SSN and see he had retired due to injury. Fair play to him for getting out there and setting his standards high. He clearly thinks he still has what it takes to make it in the prem. But I just wonder that if he was capable of contributing then he would still be at Man U. Lets be honest they no more about the condition of his body than anyone. Fergie has taken a risk on Michael Owen a player with his own problems. Surely if SAF though Hargreaves was capable of a come back he would have offered him similar terms given the number of positions he covers and the quality he has shown. Man U have carried Keane and RVN through bad injuries and stood by them with recovery and medical supervision -why not Hargreaves?, they must have invested hugely in his rehab to date not to mention wages and his transfer fee.
    He cant be moving some where to be guaranteed first team football or else he would have moved to WBA where there is alot less quality in the squad. Is Mancini going to put hundreads of millions of investment - not to mention his own job - by taking a gamble and fieldign Hargreaves in front of millions of euro of talent?

i'm still standing by my view that he won't play 90 minutes in total this season. Not for a guy who has been in physio for almost 3 years. These exercises don't tell us half the story about what's required to play 5 minutes of competitive football. Having said all that, i'd like to see him prove me wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Advertisement

Should be permanently banned for using that joke from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

sundula wrote: »
    by taking a gamble and fieldign Hargreaves in front of millions of euro of talent?

its not a gamble at all. no, if he is fit he will be used as cover, yaya is going to the african nations in jan, so some cover is needed there....
    he may even do the patrick viera role of last year.
    as he is not going to play every game, and is not seen as a key part of the team, so no big gambles by anyone.

its not a gamble at all. no, if he is fit he will be used as cover, yaya is going to the african nations in jan, so some cover is needed there....
    as he is not going to play every game, and is not seen as a key part of the team, so no big gambles by anyone.

bear in mind that he will be taking up an extra bed in the physio room so extra investment may be required in this area.

Of course its a gamble - every purchase is free or not, true City can afford more gambles than most. If he wasnt a gamble alot more clubs would have shown an interest. If he collapses in training tomorrow they will be paying him, paying medical and have the PR of people saying they were idiots for signing him in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

He uploaded videos to a file sharing website.... to share them.

I don't see the funny side of it, all the best to him although I'm sad to see him playing for City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Of course its a gamble -.

i dont think its much of a gamble at all, not like he cost 35m and gets 200k a week! if it works out, it works out, if not well will it make a huge difference to city? No, not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Is he not on pay per play. Hardly that much of a gamble then.

The training videos are absolute wtf, if we can stop him doing that stuff he might get fit.

i dont think its much of a gamble at all, not like he cost 35m and gets 200k a week! if it works out, it works out, if not well will it make a huge difference to city? No, not really.

But it is a gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That joke is lame.

also that video is funny, fair play to owen hope it works out at city for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

HAHAHA he fell out of the transfer window. :pac:

gets me everytime.

His release was confirmed today by Man City. Pity for the guy, interesting to see what he goes at next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

His release was confirmed today by Man City. Pity for the guy, interesting to see what he goes at next.

Guaranteed league championship* for whatever team signs him and gives him 1 game.

(*this is not a guarantee)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Time for another video me thinks, this time he will have to lift up a horse or something to prove how tough he is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

He'd be a great signing for someone who actually needs him. City never had much use for him really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

token101 wrote: »
    He'd be a great signing for someone who actually needs him. City never had much use for him really.

Plus he was injured mostly.

Advertisement