Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Battery Question.

• 01-09-2011 3:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    just a quick question. The battery on my netbook has been "dead" for some time now and I'll be buying a replacement now and I was just wondering if the replacement battery should be the same voltage as the old one, i.e, old one is 11.1v. Should my replacement be 11.1 yeah?
    (Advent 4211c BTW)

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭themonic

Hi richieffff,
    richieffff wrote: »
    I was just wondering if the replacement battery should be the same voltage as the old one
    Yes, battery should be the same voltage.
    If you looking for durable, look for genuine products, but if you looking for something cheaper you can have replacement, but these batteries loosing capacity after a few months.
    Capacity is marked in mAh.
    Just for example- laptop is taking 900mA (mili amperes)
    Fully charged battery with capacity 4400mAh will be empty in 4 hours and 48 minutes supplying this laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

themonic wrote: »
    Hi richieffff,

Yes, battery should be the same voltage.
    If you looking for durable, look for genuine products, but if you looking for something cheaper you can have replacement, but these batteries loosing capacity after a few months.
    Capacity is marked in mAh.
    Just for example- laptop is taking 900mA (mili amperes)
    Fully charged battery with capacity 4400mAh will be empty in 4 hours and 48 minutes supplying this laptop.

Thank you for that.
    I was thinking of buying one that was 7800 mAh, as the stock one was only 2200 and lasted no time.

Thanks for the help :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Gonna use this thread instead of a new one.

Just wondering if there's any shops in Cork City that stock laptop/netbook batteries?
    Doubtful they'd have one for mine but I'd like to give it a look before ordering one online.

Thanks.

Advertisement