Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Set up of lectures, please help :)

• 01-09-2011 4:42am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 19

Hey i was just wondering what the lectures are like in NCI, is it class rooms or lectures hall type things that they are held in and also how big are the classes, people have told me like 40 and others 140 ? Thanks guys, nervous newbie :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Frankie7

There are lecture rooms that have kind of tiered seating in them these usually consist of around 120 or so people. There is also tutorial groups that take place in classrooms, the lecture class is divided into smaller groups for tutorials

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 19 payme1000

Frankie7 wrote: »
    There are lecture rooms that have kind of tiered seating in them these usually consist of around 120 or so people. There is also tutorial groups that take place in classrooms, the lecture class is divided into smaller groups for tutorials

Hey, thanks very much for the reply. So you mean 120 in each class or would there be like more than one class having the same lecture ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

There are three lecture rooms in the college, the biggest is on the ground floor. Alot of your lectures will be held in classrooms(some big, some small). There is also some computer labs too.
    In my experenice(Accounting and HR) the biggest class size we had was about 70 people or so; this was a combination of 3 classes from different courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Well if you count the Kelly theatre then there's 4 lecture rooms. My class has 114 (well that's the original 1st year count and now we're going into 3rd year) and we're always in either the Kelly theatre or theatres 1, 2 or 3 for any of our classes. Tutorials are always split into a few different groups, obv it's impossible to teach in the requirement of a relaxed and more informal tutorial style if there's 114 squished in. In saying that, the most we ever really have in a class is about 60 at the most; attendance is shocking in my course. :p

Advertisement