Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16gram threaded CO2

• 01-09-2011 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere i can get these without paying a fortune on line? Most people won't send them overseas as they are gas!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I got mines about two weeks ago in Wheelworx (the one near Liffy Valley). Genuine Innovations one cost a bit over €30 (came with one gas cylinder and I also bought two spare cylinders c€6.50. Never used one before and havent used this one.... yet. Don't know what to expect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

New shop opened up near me (limerick) , pretty sure they do em in a box (not 100% if there were 16g threaded but they had a good selection). They have GIANT branding on them, which I thought was odd!

I wonder do any airsoft guns take 16g threaded cartridges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

there was a group buy here about a year or 2 ago. cant remember where they came from though, but it worked out about 18 quid for a box of 30 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

kenmc wrote: »
    there was a group buy here about a year or 2 ago. cant remember where they came from though, but it worked out about 18 quid for a box of 30 I think

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055852108

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

eurocycle in newbridge do them , i bought a co2 pump of them during the year and they do the threaded ones at e9.99 on line for two ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

and i've just looked at that co2 cartridges website .......

eurocycles , you robbing rip-off shower of ****es .....not happy , not happy at all ...:mad:

thanks for that , i was under the impression that you couldn't get these things shipped overseas ...i wouldn't mind but i live in kildare ..

I know they are not cheap but it's handy to carry one for quick tube replacement that's if I was in a sportif or tour.

If I was out for a training spin, I would just replace the tube and pump the 'ol fashioned way..

If you live in Kildare and they are in Kilcock, just ask them can you collect in person and you will save a few €€ in shipping.

Happy to help.

I know they are not cheap

They are cheap if you buy them from the right place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Cycleogical on the quays in Dublin do them at a good price IIRS. I got a bag load of them one day earlier thiis year for not much. (Still have most of them).

When I say bag load, I asked the bloke how much they were and he replied 'how many do you want'. I said lots, so he said €2 or €2.5 per cartridge. More expensive than the online order but reasonably cheap compared to most bricks and mortar shops. Cycleways were charging 3.50 at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Lumen wrote: »
    kenmc wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055852108

They ship surface so the rate is a bit high. €20 ish. However, that rate will cover anything from one box to 10 boxes. If you're buying 30 cartridges you'll get them for around €35 (€1.10 each). I have about 20 left of my box of 30...

Lumen wrote: »
    They are cheap if you buy them from the right place.

Thankfully I don't use many of them, as the Gator Skins tyres are the job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭3102derek

i can't believe the cost of these for threaded ones.

we can get none threaded one's in any airsoft shop in the country for approx 75c / €1 each.
    must places will throw in extra for free if you buy in bulk say 15 /20

it can't cost that much to thread the fecking things, i wonderer would a tapping dye work on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

3102derek wrote: »
    it can't cost that much to thread the fecking things, i wonderer would a tapping dye work on them!

I'm sure it would be fine - what could possibly go wrong ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

i wonderer would a tapping dye work on them!

If anyone is tempted to try this make sure the cartridge is empty first.
    I think 2:50 is reasonable though because I would only use them on race day as a weight saver or on the winter spins to minimise the down time of the group. That was once in two years.

i can't believe the cost of these for threaded ones.

we can get none threaded one's in any airsoft shop in the country for approx 75c / €1 each.
    must places will throw in extra for free if you buy in bulk say 15 /20

I'd say the cost is a matter of 'we can sell 2 or 3 of these for much more than we could sell bulk boxes so lets do that' rather than any notion of wholesale costs.

You could try tapping an empty one though I think it's the case that the diameter of the neck of the unthreaded ones is less than the threaded.

Thankfully I don't use many of them, as the Gator Skins tyres are the job...

Until you get to the worn out stage. I use three in two days on one worn out gatorskin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Wheelworks have the Giant branded ones,

I *Think* the box of 10 was about €15. Plus they were insulated. Best value I have seen.

Well you should have got a new gator then!

• Advertisement

Morgan wrote: »
    I'm sure it would be fine - what could possibly go wrong ;).

:D:rolleyes:

Well you should have got a new gator then!

Was on holidays abroad. There was a new gator waiting in the shed at home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Just skimmed through this thread. Don't think that this has been linked http://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/eu/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=256&ean=TRUE. I haven't checked to see if they ship to Ireland.

edit - shipping to Ireland is £16.36

edit II - my skimming technique needs revising. Another group buy on the cards? If so, count me in. I could canvas others for this also.

They do, they did. That shipping rate will cover up to about 10x30 cartridges so the group buy is well worthwhile.

When shopping, don't forget some foam covers. When I did the last one, it worked out cheaper shipping wise to order two separate batches of 10x30 cartridges than to order one batch of 20x30.

I also got a couple of these inflators within the same shipping charge though it does take a bit of effort to ensure something small like this doesn't jump you up to the next shipping band.

Incidentally, a case of 300 comes in at GBP140 (considerably cheaper than the GBP18 for the box of 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Anyone have any idea what pressure you're likely to get out of them?

Anyone have any idea what pressure you're likely to get out of them?

700x23 -130 PSI
    700x25 -120 PSI
    650x20 - 180 PSI
    650x23 -170 PSI

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dexsan

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/specialized-2011-cpro2-microblast-pump

This is the one i got and he ships to ireland....

Advertisement