Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butter Keeper or Butter Bell

Options
  • 01-09-2011 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Please help me find a French-style butter dish (or butter keeper, or butter crock, or butter bell). They are usually made of stoneware or porcelain. The butter goes into one container and is then placed upside down in the second container that has cold water in it. The water prevents air getting at the butter, and your butter stays fresh, soft and sweet for up to 30 days with just refreshes of the water about every 3 days.

This is what I'm after: http://itotd.com/articles/215/french-but…

Lots are available in the USA or online, but I haven't yet been able to find them in a shop in Ireland. Has anyone seen? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

I've been searching in vain for one of them for a year now. No luck yet, but will let you know when I finally find one!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Thanks! Guess I'll have to beg any traveling relatives to bring one over from the States. Loved the stoneware one I had, but we broke the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

It seems that they have gone out of fashion in France too. The ones I can see online are for sale in France are made by artisans/potteries. I have never seen them here either.:(

Valerie

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Oops - Meant to add a link in my previous post ... :rolleyes:

Link

Advertisement