Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinback Dec 1st

Options
  • 01-09-2011 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure how popular these guys are over here, but I stumbled across them when I was abroad a few years ago and bloody love them!

They're playing Button Factory on Thurs Dec 1st.
    Tickets are only €16.50, well worth it I'd imagine!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

One of my favourite bands. Had these tickets since it was announced. Get them on tickets.ie for cheaper than ticketmaster by the way. They sold out Whelans last time so they've definitely got a following probably helped by having an Irish connection via touring / being friends with The Dudley Corporation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Nice one,
    Havent see these live before,must pick up a ticket for this

This is tonight! Dudley Corporation providing support from 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shoesa

I. am. Heartbroken.

I adore Pinback like no other band I have ever come across. I only heard about them 3 years ago, but they haven't wavered as my absolute favourite band since.

I had no idea about this gig, and I just don't know how I didn't hear about it. I'm so, so disappointed.

Does anyone think they'd ever, ever come back in my lifetime..? :(

I wouldn't bet on it being any time soon. I've listened to them since soon after the first album came out almost 12 years ago and they've only come to the country twice. There were two other times they were meant to come but they had to cancel so it isn't a good success rate so far. I reckon the new album will be out this year and a full US/Canada tour will follow so Europe may come around again mid 2013. I'm not even too sure why this European tour happened though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Shoesa

Ah right. Yeah I couldn't believe they came over in the first place. Just another reason why 2011 was the ****tiest year ever. My soul music was right under my nose and I was probably doing absolutely nothing that night.

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to eh, keep my fingers crossed. I think the band still check their old forum from time to time, so I might message them asking if they ever, ever think they'd ever come back but pfft... I wouldn't want them to think some eejit in Ireland was trying to get them to play because she was desperately out of the loop.

At least Information Received is something to look forward to. So gutted though. I always told myself "oh, they'd never play Ireland so at least you'll never even get the opportunity to see them". Good bloody god. Gutting. I'm fairly certain I was googling "Pinback Tour" like crazy throughout November and December because of the album coming out this year, but I reckon I always put "ticketmaster" in my searches. Feel like such a dope.

Thanks for the reply though!!

They're definitely active on this forum. However it won't be their decision to play Ireland it will depend on a promoter being interested in putting the show on whenever they do the next Euro tour. The last two shows have been by Foggy Notions so they'll be the people to ask if they plan on booking them again. I wouldn't bother asking until the new album is out though as how it is received will be a major chunk of the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

There was a good sized crowd at the button factory gig so you would expect them to play here on their next Euro tour. You should keep an eye on foggy notions on facebook or twitter and of course here for gig announcements, most good gigs get a mention here

Advertisement