Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carenado Cessna 337 Skymaster released

Options
  • 01-09-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

the 337 is out boys... its already in my hangar! Well, currently flying her home from Victoria, BC to Bella Bella, my home base. One amazing aircraft, thier best by far, and possibly thier best since the humble 206...

handling... I know the guy that did thier flight data, and hes an old pro, and the plane performs exactly as the real thing.
    Textures... Sexy as hell.
    Animations... vibrations in the exhaust pipes, the chain links holding the door step from over extending, vibrations in the instruments on takeoff, and subtle when the engines are running.
    Integrated reality xp gagues.... gorgeous.
    Not found a fault yet, but I've only been in the air 40 minutes. Will see how she performs on landing, and after a few circuits.
    Would seriously recomend buying this... its an amazing ship...
    campbell3371.jpg
    campbell3372.jpg
    campbell3373.jpg
    campbell3374.jpg
    (paint is a quick repaint I did this morning after buying her... had to fly her home in her company colours!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

The Bernt Stolle FDE will sell it for me. His alternative flight dynamics for the C185 completely transformed the aircraft...for the better. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Yeah, chatting to him today, news is hes doing the next few for em too...
    The 185 was good, but I had some bugs on the tundra beastie... it bounced like a crackhead with a snowglobe. (unrealistically, not unmanageable)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

Do you know if he will be doing the FDE for their King Air?

Stork

King air, a36, and malibu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

Firekitten wrote: »
    King air, a36, and malibu :)

The A36 I'm not too bothered about but I've always wanted a decent King Air. Friendly Panels do one with a nice VC but I wasn't happy with the handling. I only noticed the other day that Carenado have a Malibu in the pipeline, which I remember fondly from the days of "Fly!".

I'll be reading the reviews and forum bug reports carefully before buying from them again, though.

Stork

• Advertisement

So far, not much for the 337, a few people cant use the autopilot, but didnt read the manual...

If you engage alt, then Lnav, it trips alt, manual says lnav, then alt... etc Not a tech issue, but people bitch, several of the bitching topics are not understanding the aircraft, ive yet to find a bug myself.
    Paintkit is great to work with btw... nice and easy to understand.
    2011-9-2_18-57-39-496.jpg
    2011-9-2_18-57-19-595.jpg
    Another Campbell Aviation ship joins the fleet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Firekitten wrote: »
    Paintkit is great to work with btw... nice and easy to understand.

I've read the exact opposite...the paintkit is a bit of a mess with virtually every panel separate on the texture sheets making lining up complex paints very,very ,veeeeery difficult. Making repaints difficult is kind of par for the course with Carenado aircraft anyhow,their mirrored textures on the C152/C172 made interesting paints virtually impossible. Also, they have yet to issue a (Photoshop friendly)layered paintkit for any of their creations.
    Having said that,I'll probably pick up the C337 this evening to take a closer look. :)

Its not hard to do really. Take the plain white base, and build on that using layers, save your copy before merging the layers, and dont save after, that lets you go back into the individuals and repaint / fix or move bits... lining up is a bit annoying, but hey, its 2048x2048, they cant fit all that on one sheet... its different, but not that big of a pain really.

Theres no mirroring on this texture set, and every part is easily identifiable, and if you have trouble lining things up, use visual references such as bolts, panel lines, or even use the measurement tool... ive yet to missmatch enough that more than one fix was needed.

Comes down to painting technique, and preference. I started painting with carenado aircraft, so the non layered type doesnt bother me, hell, ive done two since that were layered, and it made it stupidly easy.

The only true pig of thiers, is the c340... that paintkit is a bastard.

Advertisement