Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable housing - break-up problem

Options
  • 01-09-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi all,

just have a quick question for all of ye, myself and my now ex boyfriend bought an affordable house in june of last year.
    the relationship has unfortunately broken down so what im wondering is what is our options now.
    can one of us buy the other out or is this not allowed under the affordable housing agreement?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

hi all,

just have a quick question for all of ye, myself and my now ex boyfriend bought an affordable house in june of last year.
    the relationship has unfortunately broken down so what im wondering is what is our options now.
    can one of us buy the other out or is this not allowed under the affordable housing agreement?
    thanks in advance

You can get it transferred into your sole name provided you can afford it on your own. The lender will have to reassess you like they did originally but if either of you can't afford it by yourself then they wont allow you to transfer it. After that I can't see what your options are apart from selling it

Advertisement