Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to buy from the US marketplace?

Options
  • 01-09-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

I recently set up a US account (took me long enough), to download the Catherine demo. I bought 1600 msp on a recent trip to the states and now I'm looking for advice on what to buy. The only stipulation is that it isn't available on the Irish marketplace, as I'll buy that with my real GT.

The only thing I've decided to buy so far is The Impossible Game.

So, what have you guys bought/would you recommend??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

I'd make the most out of the Indie Games section. Ton of stuff in there for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I got Trenched, FortressCraft, Impossible Game and MTAF with my 1600

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How would someone go about setting up a US account? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mr E wrote: »

Just set up a hotmail or live account and put your address as Beverly hills 90210. Then sign in with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Mr E wrote: »

When you're creating a new GT, it'll ask you for a country. Whichever you pick will be the location of your GT. Never tried the way above, but I've done it through the Xbox with Irish hotmail addresses. Just be careful and pay attention. More than once in setting up a UK/US account, I've accidentally created Irish ones :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I registered a US gamertag during the week. It opened my eyes to how much we are missing on EU consoles. Thousands of indie games (which can be bought on the US account and played on your regular gamertag if you want). I reckon we are getting less than 20% of all Inside Xbox content here too.

Advertisement