Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well im screwed.....

• 01-09-2011 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

mod can change title if they seem its inappropriate.

2nd round offers today
    got nothing
    1st round
    go nothing
    had 2 back up plcs
    both fell through got nothing

im relying now to either get a place after the 2nd round offers or have to repeat

what should i do :S should i repeat? i really dont want to but at the moment i have nothing for this year with college
    and repeating seems my only option but i dunno what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

I'm in the exact same situation here, and I don't want to ****ing repeat! Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

look at the vacancies setion of the cao website and just pick a course that you might like to do somewhere if there is a place available?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Radley90

If there is a course that you really want to do or you think that you can do better in the leaving then I'd advise you to repeat. However, I wouldn't recommend it if you just feel you need to pass the time. I repeated myself and found it even more difficult than first time round due to the pressure and stress that you can naturally put upon yourself. It's also quite frustrating when all of your friends are enjoying a college lifestyle and you feel left behind.

It's all down to whether or not you feel you can keep you're head down for the year and focus on what you want

I'd definitely recommend a one year course if you don't want to repeat. There are plenty of other PLC courses that you can do in something that you have an interest in. Some courses also allow you to continue on to third level after just the one year. Rathmines College have some good courses like that, I'd just advise you to find one within the next week as places will fill up quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I echo whats been said...there will be courses up for offer on the "Vacant Places" on the CAO website for the next month, but unless they're similar to what you originally wanted, repeating is probably the best option, if you feel you can improve your grades, and are willing to work...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Im in the same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

What were you looking to get and where? And more importantly, how close were you? i.e. 5 points or 100 points off?

If you were 100 points off, maybe its time to be realistic and re-evalute your options. If you were 5 points off, maybe take a year out in the same field. In my eyes, its better to do something than sit on your arse for a year. Even if you got a basic diploma or a night course, it would stand to you if you were borderline next year.

Advertisement