Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do on your lunchbreak?

Options
  • 01-09-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

As the title says. I have an hour for lunch and not being close enough to go home, I end up hanging around the city for an hour.

I bring my own lunch to work except for the odd day when I meet a friend, so just wondering, what do other people do on their lunchbreaks around the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

JCC wrote: »
    As the title says. I have an hour for lunch and not being close enough to go home, I end up hanging around the city for an hour.

I bring my own lunch to work except for the odd day when I meet a friend, so just wondering, what do other people do on their lunchbreaks around the city?

When I was in the city I'd work through my lunch break most of the time. I'm dedicated to the cause :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

having a fixed duration for lunch break sounds something confined to the public sector really. I take about 25 minutes for lunch and that includes a short walk around the business park I work in. If very busy lunch will be at the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'm outside the city, but I'll eat at my desk usually, maybe go for a walk for half an hour.

Do you ever walk down to Fitzgerald's Park OP? There's a nice loop around the river you can walk for something to fill the time!

a short walk around the business park I work in.

IDA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kingtut wrote: »
    IDA ?
    yep

• Advertisement

yep

aha I know who you are :cool:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JCC

Malari, I do go for a walk round Fitzgerald's park the odd time, when it's not raining! I walk that way mainly in the evenings though so i don't like going the same route twice in one day.

The people in Waterstone's were looking at me funny today, spent about 30 mins in there just browsing!

I've done the whole sitting at my desk thing for lunch and gave it up as a bad habit! I don't get enought time outside as it is, come winter I'll be back to looking like an extra for a vampire movie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I hated my lunch break when I was working in Cork. I'd walk through Mahon industrial estate to the Super Valu on Skehard Road and back again. If I was feeling flush I'd go to the Blackrock Inn. I would have preferred to work through lunch and go home an hour earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Shopping/window shopping
    Doing jobs - bank/post office etc
    Watch episode of DVD box set at desk on PC w/ headphones
    Sit in the park and read (Peace Park, Fitgeralds)
    Buy groceries for dinner
    Wander around the English Market
    Crawford Art Gallery
    Glucksman gallery
    Wander around UCC/Sit on bench oncampus & read/Wedding watch at the Honan :)
    Cork City Library - read the papers/choose books
    Lunchtime theatre at the CAT club including lunch not sure when on next
    Sit by the river outside the Boardwalk

when I worked in town years ago we didn't have a break as such, wouldn't fancy an hour at lunchtime to kill everyday in town tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement