Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUBLIN MINT OFFICE

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

They don't answer on that email address either. I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Baybay

I am by no means an advocate of the DMO or it's employees but I must say that Tim was able to help with my issue and for that I am grateful.
    Having said that, any future coins in which I may have an interest will most definitely be sourced elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭johnlambe

The web site of the debt collection company mentioned earlier on this thread is:
    http://www.carsuk.org/

In relation to disputed accounts, they say:
    If your account is in dispute we urge you to contact us immediately on 0844 8800 880 to enable us to suspend any furher action that may be pending.
    http://www.carsuk.org/faqs2.htm

So they may be an honest company that would not want to be involved in <banned word omitted>.

I'm going to contact them now, in case my account is referred to them. If they get a lot of these complaints, they may realise what's happening.

I got an error when I phoned the phone number given.
    Maybe it can't be phoned from Ireland. It doesn't seem very professional.

They finally told me (when I phoned yesterday) that they are no longer demanding payment from me, but I still wouldn't be too surprised if I got another threatening letter or contact from the debt collectors.
    I also received an unsigned letter (yesterday, I got my mail after phoning) from them just stating that my account balance was €0. (That's reassuring, because it was looking like the people sending the letters weren't in communication with the people on the phone).

They claim that they received my returned items on 7/2/2012. At around 17:55 on that day, they asked me for proof of postage (when I phoned them).

They claim that the threatening letter that I received on 11/2/2012 (it may have reached my house on the 10th) crossed in the post with my returned items.
    But this letter was dated 3/2/2012 - the same as the first threatening letter, which I received on 6/2/2012.
    I don't believe that they sent the same letter twice on the same day and that they arrived 4 or 5 days apart (though it's possible).

Baybay wrote: »
    I am by no means an advocate of the DMO or it's employees but I must say that Tim was able to help with my issue and for that I am grateful.
    Having said that, any future coins in which I may have an interest will most definitely be sourced elsewhere.
    But it may have taken the pressure of many people watching his behaviour on this thread to get a satisfactory response.

Think of all the people who don't use online discussion forums.

I got no response to an email and a letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Baybay

johnlambe wrote: »
    But it may have taken the pressure of many people watching his behaviour on this thread to get a satisfactory response.

Think of all the people who don't use online discussion forums.

I got no response to an email and a letter.

I agree completely that it may have taken the people watching this thread, of which I was one and it has been a great resource.
    Unfortunately, the person for whom I was acting is one of those who does not use or understand the concept of online fora, hence my involvement.

This person also believed it was just a matter of reaching the right individual in the organisation who upon hearing the issue concerned, would put it right. Several phone calls and a conventional letter produced nothing in the way of customer service from the DMO other than threats of a collections agency.

At this point I contacted Tim who was able to help this person and was alone in representing this company in any meaningful way.

In addition, this person has informed the gardai who have requested to be kept up to date with any possible further developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Have any of you had any luck ringing the Joe Duffy Show? Seems like an item that would be of interest.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oldhollowman

just recieved my pre decimal penny from this company, offer was for 4.95 euro and was invoiced for same. i am delighted with this coin as it is of sentimental value. i got exactly as i had expected to get( well probably a bit better). i do not represent or work for or have any relative working for this company. i have an application in for a threepence coin and will post how this goes. would like to see posts from anyone else about the current offer of pre decimal irish coins.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

just recieved my pre decimal penny from this company, offer was for 4.95 euro and was invoiced for same. i am delighted with this coin as it is of sentimental value. i got exactly as i had expected to get( well probably a bit better). i do not represent or work for or have any relative working for this company. i have an application in for a threepence coin and will post how this goes. would like to see posts from anyone else about the current offer of pre decimal irish coins.:)

How kind of you to register on Boards and use your very first post on this old (and long) complaints thread to tell us about your happy experience :rolleyes: A penny for your thoughts, maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Teagwee wrote: »
    How kind of you to register on Boards and use your very first post on this old (and long) complaints thread to tell us about your happy experience :rolleyes: A penny for your thoughts, maybe?
    Only a penny? i'd stretch to a schilling but only if the Dublin Mint Office can supply it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

the Mother is after getting stung by this crowd, she ordered one coin got it and paid for it then said she was interested in some other coin, but when i found out about it i told her what id learned from other boardsies and she rang and spoke to a lovely lady called Patricia and and told her she was no longer interested in receiving any more coins or literature from them and asked for her details to be removed from their database. Patricia said that was no problem and she'd see to it straight away....she did'nt. They kept sending the stuff so my mother sent this email and cc'd it to the National Consumer Agency.......

Dear Patricia,

I have received futher correspondence from you about coins you are about to send me even though i asked to be removed completely from your mailing list and specifiacally asked you not to send me any forther coins or literature as evidenced by email below sent 5 weeks ago. Please note I will be contacting the data protection commisioner about your continued communication despite my request for you to remove me from your database. if you continue to send me any literature or coins I will not open or return any literature from Dublin Mint Office. I will not avail of any freepost envelopes to return any coins and as Irish Consumer law dictates it will be Dublin Mint Office's responsibilty to collect any further items you send me. I am forwarding a copy of this email to the National Consumer Agency and the Data Protection Commissioner who I have been in contact with about your company. Yours sincerely

Guess what, another coin arrived today... Joe Duffy really should do a show on this, this company need to be exposed as they seem to be gaining traction with mainstream media outlets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement