Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone had threading done?

• 01-09-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I was thinking of gettin my upper lip waxed but I've read a few posts on here from people saying they regretted it and I am a bit worried about the hair growing back more obvious because I've seen it on one or two people. So then I came across threading and was wondering if anyone could recommend it and if so where would be a good place to get it done? I'd love to get it done in an Asian salon if one exists? Somewhere around Templeogue/Tallaght area or I suppose I could go into town either. Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

when you thread or wax facial hair its about 50/50 as to whether it will stimulate more hair growth or thickness in the area. Its different to body hair in that regard as its hormonal. You could try bleaching or electrolysis done properly would rid the hair permanently for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Lisa8786

ah ok thanks for that. I've tried bleaching but it's still a bit noticeable so maybe il start saving for the electrolysis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I get my eyebrows threaded and I love it but can't comment on upper lip as I haven't tried that. The eyebrows last a good 6 weeks before needing to have them redone.

I get mine done in the Body Shop in Dundrum for 12 euro and the girl is really nice but I'd say they do it in all the Body Shop places so there's probably one closer to you.

Advertisement