Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maybe very stupid question [transferring money to the USA]

Options
  • 01-09-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

still, they say its better to ask a stupid question than to be just be stupid. My question is: if someone lives in usa and has a us bank account.. can I put money into it from my irish bank??? worried about posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

yes. via an IBAN
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Bank_Account_Number

There may be associated charges with the service. Ask your bank.

Ooops memo to self. USA does not support IBAN. But what about western union money transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can do transfers to the US. It'll cost money (check with your bank) but it goes into the other persons bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hatch-it Man

You should be able to transfer money no problem, probably have to go to your branch to do it though,and you'll need these details from person you are sending money to..
    -Swift/BIC code ( normally 8-11 letters )
    -account number
    -ABA or routing number
    -Name and address of their Bank

Normally takes 2 days and goes straight into their bank...prob cost around 20eur depending on how much you are sending.

Advertisement