Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folic Acid - Keep It Up?

Options
  • 01-09-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi Ladies...Just looking for some advice. I'm 17 weeks today and I've been religiously taking my folic acid since before I got pregnant. Should I keep it up or stop now? Not sure what to do :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Hi Ladies...Just looking for some advice. I'm 17 weeks today and I've been religiously taking my folic acid since before I got pregnant. Should I keep it up or stop now? Not sure what to do :confused:

The pharmacist told me I could stop taking it after 12 weeks so I did. Maybe check with your gp/pharmacist before you stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmeim

I stopped at 12 weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I stopped at 12 weeks but if you continue to take them it won't do any harm. Loads of foods such as bread and cereal are fortified with folic acid anyway. I'm currently taking pregnacare supplements which I was recommended in the clinic, they contain folic acid along with other vitamins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I take it all the time pregnant or not. I am 13 weeks now and will continue taking it. It won't do any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Speak to your GP or Pharmacist... or consultant...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement