Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Worried

Options
  • 01-09-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Accepted a course for Tallaght, International Hospitality and Tourism Management to be precise. I've yet to hear anything about a reg date though. DO I check it online or is something suppose to be posted out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't remember 100% how I was informed, but the quickest idea would be to add ITT SU on facebook and ask them when the reg date is for your course, afaik they start on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thursday the 8th:

http://www.it-tallaght.ie/media/Media,23011,en.pdf

Found that hidden away on the website last week. Why it isnt on the main page or something, I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Thursday the 8th:

http://www.it-tallaght.ie/media/Media,23011,en.pdf

Found that hidden away on the website last week. Why it isnt on the main page or something, I dont know.

yup that is my registration date aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Cheers folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Got all the registration and other details in post today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Same here thankfully!

Did you manage to set up the email/moodle stuff.

dan786 wrote: »
    I was just about to ask about this. I did registration today but couldnt stick around for the thing in the afternoon so I decided to try it myself. It keeps telling me Invalid login, please try again (for moodle). As for the email it says username or password incorrect.

I assumed passward was DOB while the name is your student number?

I was just about to ask about this. I did registration today but couldnt stick around for the thing in the afternoon so I decided to try it myself. It keeps telling me Invalid login, please try again (for moodle). As for the email it says username or password incorrect.

Have exactly the same problem. By the way wat did u do today during registeration/induction

Various people gave prepared speeches. Filled out the forms that you got posted out. Got taken on a tour of the college and campus (Including going from ground floor to top floor back to ground floor back to top floor back to ground floor!!!). Then back in to whatever room you start in for your picture to be taken, issued with the card and that was it. Not a lot to it really.

You's will likely be quicker since you already have everything filled out. Make sure you bring your passport or something though, they need a photocopy of it. In the afternoon they show you how to do the moodle and email and stuff. I'm going back up tomorrow for it if nobody can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

• Advertisement

Have exactly the same problem. By the way wat did u do today during registeration/induction

Thanks. I am going in on thursday.

which college? i'm up on thursday too :)

hdowney wrote: »

which college? i'm up on thursday too :)

It tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

It should be your DOB but in a specific format - DDMmmYY

So if your birthday is 12/3/84 your password is 12Mar84 ( the capital at the start of the month is important )

macrubicon wrote: »
    It should be your DOB but in a specific format - DDMmmYY

So if your birthday is 12/3/84 your password is 12Mar84 ( the capital at the start of the month is important )
    I tried every combination I could think of.

12mar84
    12Mar84
    12mar1984
    12Mar1984

They all gave the same result. I'll try again tomorrow. The workshop thing is only to set these up isnt it?

It could be that your password has to be changed on your first login. This will mean your login via moodle or outlook live would fail as if it logged you in you would get locked out.

The workshops run through all of this and more and are worth going to...

It tallaght

cool i just realised i meant what course not what college! brain dead me!!!!

i tried moodle and it didn't work. I might try again today. I didn't want to try the email lest i completely cocked it up (not that i will, am quite the computer savvy). i am just confused - is there an online outlook that you use for college email, the only outlook i would have been used to would be the one that came on computers, but i don't think i have that on this versh, i think i have windows mail or something, i don't use it

It's a hosted version of outlook - it is up at http://www.outlook.com but you need to have registered your account on it through http://register.ittd.ie first.

However to register your account you need to log in so we are back to the log in issue unfotunately.

If you come in for the induction and your still having trouble ( could be for a variety of reasons ) you have the college helpdesk at your disposal to fix any problems.

It's a hosted version of outlook - it is up at http://www.outlook.com but you need to have registered your account on it through http://register.ittd.ie first.

However to register your account you need to log in so we are back to the log in issue unfotunately.

If you come in for the induction and your still having trouble ( could be for a variety of reasons ) you have the college helpdesk at your disposal to fix any problems.

grand i think, just to be on the safe side, i'll leave it well alone and do it during the workshop thingy on induction day. probably best.

grand i think, just to be on the safe side, i'll leave it well alone and do it during the workshop thingy on induction day. probably best.

Unfortunately I think that's the best idea if your having problems.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I think that's the best idea if your having problems.

yep. it annoys me. i am BEYOND computer literate, but this seems to be failing me!! I am going to blame them, say it is a problem there end or something :D;) it is not me :D and wait until Thursday

Cheers :)

It tallaght

cool i just realised i meant what course not what college! brain dead me!!!!

Business Admin.

Does anyone want to go in together Thursday, I dont know anyone going there

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

right ive got my moodle and email sorted, is it still recommended to go in on thursday??

Turns out my account was disabled (Dont know why, it was only set up yesterday!), took them two minutes to sort it out and now Moodle works perfectly.... well, once I read the guide for it.

phishcakes wrote: »
    right ive got my moodle and email sorted, is it still recommended to go in on thursday??

Well - it's up to you I guess but the sessions are usually well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Yeah it is, last year we did a little test thing and won a shirt out of it, good way to meet people in your course as well :)

Business Admin.

Does anyone want to go in together Thursday, I dont know anyone going there

well i'll be going in for ten so :) i dunno if we are in the same room for registration or anything, might have a looksee now :)

um if thursday is your registration day arn't you EXPECTED to go in, to register like?

um if thursday is your registration day arn't you EXPECTED to go in, to register like?
    There is an IT Workshop deal in the afternoon that shows you how to set up Moodle and all that. That's what he is refering to. I was finished registration by half twelve yesterday. The workshop isnt until half two so I went back today instead of hanging around for two hours.

There is an IT Workshop deal in the afternoon that shows you how to set up Moodle and all that. That's what he is refering to. I was finished registration by half twelve yesterday. The workshop isnt until half two so I went back today instead of hanging around for two hours.

yea i know the workshop is on thurs, but it is on every day. so i would have presumed he would have done it on his reg day.

DEAR GOD i hope my registration isn't over super early like yours. I am driving up from Wicklow and i don't particularly wanna hang around til half 2 for the workshop, nor do i wanna hang around with nothing to do :(

• Advertisement

If you's already have the forms filled out I reckon you'll end up finished earlier. That took nearly half an hour for everyone to finish. If they are already done you could be finished by twelve. They give you a lunch voucher (If you're brave enough to try the food) so you could get something to eat or head over to the student union and relax for a bit if leaving isnt an option.

Advertisement