Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hotel deal for October weekend trip?

• 01-09-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,150 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My wife and I are planning on going to limerick in October (Sat & Sun night).
    Looking for nice central hotel.
    Currently the George hotel seems about the best, meant to be nice & very central: 2 night B&S & 1 dinner for €170

One Pery Square looks lovely but I'm looking at about €320 for 2 nights B&B & 1 dinner there. Too expensive

The Clarion have 2 nights B&B for €160, Savoy 2 nights B&B €220.

Anyone know of any special deals, better than above?
    Cheers,
    pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

The Savoy have deals from time to time. It's a really nice hotel and the breakfast is probably one of the best I've ever had!! Great central location too. The only awkward thing is that parking is across the way in the Dunnes.

http://www.savoylimerick.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

www.selecthotels.ie

Are doing a special offer. 2 nights for 99euro. Not sure if it works for the BH but worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

I dont think your going to get better value for money that the george.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Dovies wrote: »
    www.selecthotels.ie

Are doing a special offer. 2 nights for 99euro. Not sure if it works for the BH but worth a look

Only one hotel in Limerick there, and it's a good bit out of town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have you tried the Absolut - good location too, and the rooms are very comfortable. Ask for an upgrade at the desk and you might get upgraded to a suite for the same price! It is so worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,150 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Mc Love wrote: »
    Have you tried the Absolut - good location too, and the rooms are very comfortable. Ask for an upgrade at the desk and you might get upgraded to a suite for the same price! It is so worth it

cheers, looking at €220 for 2 nights B&B and one dinner.
    A bit more that the George and it's a wee bit of a walk into town from there. I stayed there once before though and it is very nice indeed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its city center though, although not as close as the George

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

the george is central to all night life restaurants its the best deal of the ones you quoted. everywhere is withing walking distance and also for your wife if she wants to shop she can stroll around town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Don't forget the Strand Hotel - don't know about the costs - varies on what you need

https://www.aro.ie/aroreservebookings/sites/LimerickStrandHotel/?wsid=172830064&yearmonth=2011-10&day=8

enjoy your stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

LB6 wrote: »
    Don't forget the Strand Hotel - don't know about the costs - varies on what you need

https://www.aro.ie/aroreservebookings/sites/LimerickStrandHotel/?wsid=172830064&yearmonth=2011-10&day=8

enjoy your stay

The only down side to the Strand on Friday and Saturday night is that alot of hen parties stay there are they do hen party deals. Could get a bit loud for the OP when they come back from the nightclubs in the early hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,150 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Thanks for the comments. I had booked the George but think we might splash out that extra bit more and stay at The Savoy.

Anyone been to One Pery Square?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

one pery square is fab. Really beautiful georgian hotel. amazing spa. It something special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

And - No1 is a brand new hotel, just completed last year.

Advertisement