Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asics Nimbus 13 - much different to 12s?

• 01-09-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

I've recently gotten a pair of the navy Nimbus 13s, to replace my trusty Nimbus 12s. They're noticeably lighter, but to me they seem to be structurally different, such that the outside edge of the foot gets less support/drops lower. Put another way, maybe the inside edge of the foot is getting more support in the 13s than the 12s.

I'm not convinced that this suits me - have others had a similar experience? Suggestions for shoes which are "like the Nimbus 12"...ideally neutral, well-padded and light (conflict recognised), with a decent drop from heel to forefoot?

Tanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Not really i want for 10 to 11 and 11 to 12 and found little to no difference apart from the colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭gottarun

brownian wrote: »
    I've recently gotten a pair of the navy Nimbus 13s, to replace my trusty Nimbus 12s. They're noticeably lighter, but to me they seem to be structurally different, such that the outside edge of the foot gets less support/drops lower. Put another way, maybe the inside edge of the foot is getting more support in the 13s than the 12s.

I'm not convinced that this suits me - have others had a similar experience? Suggestions for shoes which are "like the Nimbus 12"...ideally neutral, well-padded and light (conflict recognised), with a decent drop from heel to forefoot?

Tanks!

Brooks glycerin

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭gottarun

Not really i want for 10 to 11 and 11 to 12 and found little to no difference apart from the colours.

Nimbus 13 is structurally changed and lighter. The heel clutch is different to the previous models too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

I have had 9's, 11's and 12's and loved them - perfect fit for me and for my running style. Went to get a new pair this year - got the 13's. Yes they're really light and I was excited to try them. Problem is, they are a completely different fit :confused:. I ended up returning them after wearing them around the office for a few hours. They were pinching like hell and I couldn't wait to get them off.
    Finally replaced them with a pair of 12's (again). :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Ran in the 10,11 and 12's. Got the 13's and they just weren't right. I did have a niggle at the time and the nimbus just aggrivated it.
    Tried the vomero's and I am quite happy with them

• Advertisement
Advertisement