Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student House Insurance

Options
  • 01-09-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to insure my laptop and xbox in limerick, as im a student with experience of getting stuff nicked...

anyone have experience with this crowd?

http://www.cover4students.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I had mine with them a couple of years ago and found them very good, but then I didn't have to put through a claim so can't comment on that side of things. Their premiums are pretty good for the coverage they offer, particularly for computers and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

well its looking like 70 quid for cover on my stuff up to 5000 with excess of 100...so looks pretty sound...

looks like they are really the only option

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just make sure that you read understand the terms of insurance before you pay your premium.

Last thing you want to find out is that you're not insured if the thief is voluntarily allowed into the house (like a mate's one-night stand).

They're probably not that restrictive on cover, but it's always a good idea to read your policy documents before taking out the policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Am I reading their website correctly in that they only cover on campus accomodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

depends on the policy you take out. the policy i took out is also for private residential.

one little niggle alright with the policy...

it totalled 70 quid for €5,000 cover on personal possessions which doesnt extend as far as laptops...which personally i think is ridiculous.

it requires a further 40 quid...

im unsure whether to pay the extra or get my money back...

with experience of getting stuff nicked...probably the former.

• Advertisement
Advertisement