Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Entry Question!!

Options
  • 01-09-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im starting DT010 this year, going into year 2 through advanced entry! Having a hard time finding info out from the college about registration, collecting student cards, or if I need to attend an induction or not?

Just wondering if there's anybody in the same course that knows whats happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭rob w

BC wrote: »

Yeah i checked that already a few times, but it doesn't have the info im looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

i started the same course last year pal and pretty much had the same problem best off going into them directly or else ringing the office!

Cheers for the reply, im probably gonna go in next week and ask too! Just thought id ask here first! Do you remember if you needed to do am induction or did you just start straight into classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

I was Advanced Entry last year... During the induction they usually sort out the student cards and stuff like that! I missed the induction last year and went straight to the college and they sorted it all out for me... But left me with tonnnnes of problems using the registration website afterward... Like I was unable to change any of my details online and stuff like that... I think it would be better for ya to go in on the advanced entry induction day =]

Plus you will meet other people who are in the same boat as ya! =]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Hi,

Im starting DT010 this year, going into year 2 through advanced entry! Having a hard time finding info out from the college about registration, collecting student cards, or if I need to attend an induction or not?

Just wondering if there's anybody in the same course that knows whats happening?

I am on the same course. I skipped induction last year. I just arrived on the first day, everyone gets split into their relevant classes. Then brought off to a room where you are told what to expect etc.

Chances are if your advanced entry you may have done P4/P6 there and they will have your details on file. As i skipped induction day, i just went up to the registration office and picked my card up during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

rob w wrote: »
    Yeah i checked that already a few times, but it doesn't have the info im looking for!

It has the registration details here:
    http://dit.ie/registration/registerme/imadvancedentry/

It has the ID Card collection schedule here:
    http://dit.ie/media/documents/registrations2010/ID%20Card%20Collection%20Advanced%20Entry.pdf

Doesn't seem to have the induction schedule .

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

Have you heard anything back yet? I recieved a 2nd year place via email, I accepted the place and havent heard anything since. I've rang a few times to the advanced entry department and admissions and they keep saying it will be the following week... So after four weeks, and given that the course starts on the 19th, I'm beginning to think something has gone wrong.

Ive rang a few times myself and just been told the same thing everytime, that ill get a registration letter out this week, which i havent and dont expect to get anytime soon! But im going to go to aungier street on friday morning for student id collection, whether im registered or not!! Im probably going to go in on the morning of the 12th for induction week too, but ill double check that by asking in the college on Friday morning!

I wouldnt be too worried about something gone wrong, if youve accepted your place, youll be on the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

I suppose I might follow your lead!

• Advertisement
Advertisement