Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what type of pipe tobbacco is available in irish newsagents?

Options
  • 01-09-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

due to the ban on advertising behind counter advertising and the fact most attendents dont know the diffrence between pipe and rolling tobacco i was wondering what varities are actually available in your local spar,centra,supervalue and if they were to be worth trying.
    save a trip into petersons/foxes

so far i have found
    1condor ready rubbed (nice non aromatic but the wife hates the smell)
    2mellow virginia ribben (soso wife dosent like it)

and thats all i have seen are there any more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I can tell you what I think is available - but dont know if its rolling or pipe. You decide. No, I will seperate into what I think they are and you can decide.

Rollups
    sweet afton, drum, amber leaf, drum light, golden virginia

Pipe
    Old holborn, samson, rolled gold, condor, mellow virginia, samson.

This is what is available to the best of my knowledge. However, the entire range will not be available in every shop.

The shops legally cannot display or advertise them, BUT, if you ask what they have, they can tell you. Stupid I know, but thats the law. You have to make the first move and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

My dad smokes Mick Mc Quaids ready rolled tobacco. Lovely smell off it. Hard enough to get but the local shop gets it in for him.

Advertisement