Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef Jerky

Options
  • 01-09-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get this in Cork? Tired of having to order it online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

friend of mine got some in the Bierhaus recently, some Estonian brand so maybe Dave could point you in the right direction when he's on as to where he's buying it

Might even have been from that Hungarian store on the same street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

The crowd below say they stock shops in cork.
    http://www.beefjerkysnacks.ie/about.php

I think there is a South African shop in town that has biltong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

cork45 wrote: »
    The crowd below say they stock shops in cork.
    http://www.beefjerkysnacks.ie/about.php

I think there is a South African shop in town that has biltong.

I priced the first one but its expensive compared to where I get it online at the moment.

Will check the other place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

BrianjG wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get this in Cork? Tired of having to order it online.

Tesco Mahon Point sell Jack Links beef jerky, bought some there not 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I priced the first one but its expensive compared to where I get it online at the moment.

Wow you must really like it to be getting it online....

Never had it so maybe I will try. Can I get a link to your online supplier? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I mainly use it instead of taking a protein shake. But its a nice chew alright.

I get it from here, http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/beef-jerky

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

Got some in Marks and Spencers in Douglas during the week, it's new in and on offer too. Think it was €2.20 for a pack

donglen wrote: »
    Tesco Mahon Point sell Jack Links beef jerky, bought some there not 3 weeks ago.

Sweet, where was it in there?

Will check the other place out.

I'd be surprised if a bricks and mortar shop could compete with an online shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

JJ O'Driscolls had it in Ballinlough last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

But is it nice?

It sounds like leather - like the stuff they stock up on for walking across African deserts.

• Advertisement

I believe it was up by the crisps and nuts section...........they were hanging off the shelves in the same way they display Nobby Nuts (sorry if that's unclear but you'll know what I'm talking about if you've bought Nobby Nuts before).

chakotha wrote: »
    But is it nice?

It sounds like leather - like the stuff they stock up on for walking across African deserts.

I've only had the Jack Links and it was tasty.......but I'd prefer something a bit stronger tasting.

donglen wrote: »

I believe it was up by the crisps and nuts section...........they were hanging off the shelves in the same way they display Nobby Nuts (sorry if that's unclear but you'll know what I'm talking about if you've bought Nobby Nuts before).

Thats great, I know where you mean, I'm near Douglas later so I might pop in to Tesco and M&S to pick up some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

You could make your own. Its joke easy and then you can have any flavour you like. My dehydrator takes about 18 hours and took me about 2 hours to make from scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

friend of mine got some in the Bierhaus recently, some Estonian brand so maybe Dave could point you in the right direction when he's on as to where he's buying it

Might even have been from that Hungarian store on the same street

Got that Estonian brand from Centra in Ballincollig. even though its not in Cork city, its near enough and probably cheaper than from pub. So u can bulkbuy:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Saw some in the African shop on Bridge street.
    I'm fairly sure there was some in the Asian store on Cornmarket st but it may have been something else, I was just judging by the picture - best to ask!

Advertisement