Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Martial Arts for four year old

• 01-09-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have/had a four year old boy that goes there? Are there many other children the same age at it? How do they find it i.e. is it very structured or is it done in a fun way? Or can anybody recommend any other evening/weekend activities or clubs? He already has swimming lessons once a week but finds the other days very long with no other children after pre-school. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Did you ask this before? I'm getting some serious Déjà vu.

Anyway. I'm not sure about as young as 4 but I have seen Martial Arts work wonders with some kids in Mrs Ziedth's family. The guy who does it is all about discipline and all that so I doubt it's a walk in the park but they really are good kids now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Didn't ask before. They do it at WMA aged 4 but I want to hear from any parents and their experiences of the set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

it must have been someone else with a similar question.

I'm no good to you then unfortunately. I'm sure someone will let ya know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

I've a young cousin that started down there doing the kickboxing a few months ago and uncle has nothing but good things to say about the place. The cousin really loves it as well and from what I've seen at the kids Taekwondo class before the adults it seems that all the kids enjoy it. If you give them a call you can let them in for 1 or 2 classes free to see what the set up is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

ec18 wrote: »
    I've a young cousin that started down there doing the kickboxing a few months ago and uncle has nothing but good things to say about the place. The cousin really loves it as well and from what I've seen at the kids Taekwondo class before the adults it seems that all the kids enjoy it. If you give them a call you can let them in for 1 or 2 classes free to see what the set up is like.

Late reply here but Pat Rocketts academy is one of the best in the town,
    He had the recognition of having the youngest black belt in the country for shotakan, he was 5 when he got his belt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Nypd wrote: »
    Late reply here but Pat Rocketts academy is one of the best in the town,
    He had the recognition of having the youngest black belt in the country for shotakan, he was 5 when he got his belt

you sure about the 5 part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ec18 wrote: »
    the uncle will be upset next year when his five year old decides he wants to stay up later than uncle will leave him and the little dude kicks him around the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wrfc

My daughter started in W.M.A across from peoples park when she was just three years old and went for nearly three years till she reached her junior black belt we kept her out of a few gradeings so she progressed at her own pace, i have no exsperience of other clubs so i can only say that the other clubs around have got some great reviews off other parents whos kids go there, but from my own exsperience i found WMA a brilliant club and are excellent with the kids, the trainers are very approachable and patient and very trust worthy. the classes are fun and are based on fundamental movements and skills like punching and kicking etc. my daughter now does ballet, irish danceing and gymnastics and is excellent at them all this is down to the training she received at WMA.
    The club has a website and is on facebook you should look them up at waterfordmartialarts.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Does anyone here have/had a four year old boy that goes there? Are there many other children the same age at it? How do they find it i.e. is it very structured or is it done in a fun way? Or can anybody recommend any other evening/weekend activities or clubs? He already has swimming lessons once a week but finds the other days very long with no other children after pre-school. Thanks

You would probably be better off asking this in the Self Defense & Martial Arts forum.

Advertisement